In the outlook shared calendar function is used to share a calendar with one or more individuals. It promotes collaboration, team management, productivity, and the development of time management skills.
A sharing calendar is also used to update other people about your schedule can be shared by either emailing a snapshot of the calendar or by sharing calendar access. The calendar shared by email does not get updated if you make any changes.
You have to tell them manually by checking the Sent Item folder. If you shared the calendar using an Office 365 or Exchange-based account, get updates if you make any changes.
The Microsoft Outlook calendar helps you to keep track of important dates, appointments, and events. If permission is given to the person with whom you shared the calendar, make changes on behalf of you.
Calendar sharing is more helpful in workplaces to collaborate with colleagues, supervisors, and subordinates. All have access to other people’s calendars to schedule appointments and work more effectively. So let’s jump towards How to create a shared calendar in outlook.
Share an Outlook calendar with specific people
Calendar sharing can be possible if you have an Exchange, Microsoft 365, or Outlook.com account. You can send the invitation to other users.
And they were able to view your calendar in their own calendar list. There is no limit to use the default calendar folder that is created in all Outlook profiles. You can create your own calendars and choose which of those to share.
For example, if you are working on a project, create a project folder of that project name and share it with co-workers.
You can also permit them to modify the events and appointments on your behalf. Here how you can share your outlook calendar:-Before beginning, make sure that you have an Exchange, Microsoft 365, or Outlook.com account.
For Outlook 2007
- Open your outlook and click on the calendar in the navigation pane. Now click on Share My Calendar.
- Now enter the person’s name in the To field whom you want to share the calendar, write a subject for your email in the Subject box, and check on Allow recipient to view your calendar checkbox to grant the permission.
- Optionally, you can check on the Request permission to view recipient’s Calendar checkbox to see the recipient’s calendar.
- In the message body, enter the text you want to include and hit on the Send
- A confirmation dialog will appear if correct, then hit on Ok.
For Office 2010
You can share your Calendar in the outlook calendar by email, with an Exchange server account, or by publishing a calendar online. Here how you can share the calendar in Outlook 2010:-
How to Share Calendars in Outlook by email
You can share calendars using email. The shared calendar will arrive in the recipient’s email box with snapshots in the body. You can edit snapshots by highlighting a date or appointment, changing fonts.
- Open your outlook, click on the Home In the Share group option, choose Email Calendar.
- Now select the calendar that you want to send in the Calendar
- Now select the time period that you want to show in the Date Range
- You can add any other options that you want and then click Ok.
- The recipient can use Outlook 2010 to open the Calendar Snapshots received by Calendar By Email. The receiver can display the calendar Snapshot and the current calendar either side-by-side mode or calendar overlay mode.
Share calendars Using a Microsoft Exchange server account
If you have an Exchange account, then the users can see your calendar in their own Calendar list that you shared with them. Calendar sharing is not limited to share only default folders. You can make your own calendar and can share it with your co-workers.
- Open your Outlook, and hit on the Home
- In the Share group option, and select Share Calendar.
- Now enter the person’s name in the Sharing invitation to whom you want to share.
- Now add any other options that you want, the same as sending an email.
- The recipient will receive an email notification that you have shared your calendar. If you want, you can also request that the recipient share his/her Calendar with you.
- You can also share the calendar you created by right-clicking on the folder name and then select Share Calendar Name.
How to Ṣhare a calendar by publishing it online
Publishing the calendar on the internet is used to connect more people if you do not have their contact. This feature does not requires to use of an Exchange account to both the publisher and the user. Anyone can access this.
- Publish on Outlook.com:- To publish a Calendar on Outlook.com, you first need to save your calendar in a .ics To save the calendar in the .ics file, click the File tab on the menu bar. Now select Save Calendar and choose the iCalendar Format file. Now share this file with the people who need to see it.
- Publish to a WebDAV server:- If you have access that supports the WebDAV that means ( World Wide Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning ) protocol then you can publish your calendar to a WebDAV server i. In your default calendar, in the Home tab, click on Publish online in the Share Now select Publish to WebDAV Server.
For Outlook 2013, 16, 19, or Microsoft 365
You can share your Microsoft office 365 or Outlook.com calendar with people inside or outside the organization. To share the outlook calendar, follow the below steps:-
- In your calendar folder, select the Share Calendar in the Home
- From the drop-down menu, select the calendar that you want to share.
- Click on Add in the Calendar Properties dialog box.
- In Add Users dialog box, search the peoples from your address book or type in their email in the Add box. After this, click on Ok.
- Select the Permission tab in the Calendar Properties dialog and add the permission level for the users then hit on the Ok button.
- The person will receive a sharing email.
Share a calendar by publishing it to a webpage:-
- Click on the Calendar in the left navigation pane.
- Now click on the Home tab and select Publish Online. Then select Publish to WebDAV server.
- Enter the location of the WebDAV server in the location Select any other publishing options if you want to add and then hit on the Ok button.
Share Calendar in an email:-
- Click on the Calendar in the navigation pane. Click on the Home tab and select Email Calendar.
- Now select the Calendar in the Calendar box and the Time period in the Date Range
- Add the email address in the TO box to whom you want to share, and add a message if you want. Now click on the Send
- The person will see a snapshot of your calendar in the message.
You May Also Read:-
This is all about how to create a shared calendar in Outlook. To create a shared calendar in outlook, you need to have an Exchange server account.
There are multiple ways to share your calendar with people. You can either use an email, publishing on the internet, or share a calendar using a Microsoft exchange server account.
If you use Share Calendar by Email, then any updates that you made will not appear on the recipient side. To share a calendar with more people that are not in your contact, then go for the Publishing on the internet service.