Outlook released many versions of it such as Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, or 2007. And people use them according to their organization preference. But sometimes when you move from one version to another version we thought our data go lapse eventually it not happens like that but we need to aware of it and It’s important to know how to backup Outlook 2010.
So this article will help out through the entire process. You can backup the outlook data or move email addresses, personal contacts, and calendar items from one email account to another.
Somehow Time to time taking backup of the things is necessary now Because no one knows when our data go hacked. When you start back up information can be stored in your email account ( Like if you create a distribution list, or customize your calendar with events ), and losing that data could be like some disastrous with your outlook account.
When should I Take Backup ( export/import )an Outlook Data
First, you need to understand the Exporting of any content is not require all the time, because it consumes your time and efforts.
Although it is a good idea if you were more conscious about your privacy and email data. So I make some points on when the people need to take at least one backup if you are facing any issue going through this point then you should try the backup process at once.
The points are as follows keep it in mind.
- When You want to move your outlook entire email from one email account to another account
- If You’re moving from one platform to another such as from Windows to Mac or Linux.
- And when You’re moving between to device like from one desktop to another.
- If You want a periodic backups after a certain time
- And If you only want to backup particular things like your contacts, so first copy your contacts to a .csv file.
How to Backup Outlook 2010 Step by Step Guide
The backing up method in Microsoft Outlook 2010 is a series of the procedure and it takes a little bit time of yours especially if you have lots of data in your outlook account.
After completing the process you will get a result in PST file format. When you get just save or copy it on a different computer, a cloud storage service, or an external hard drive.
Because the purpose of taking backup is to protect you against situations like this. So the main question is How to Backup Outlook 2010?. There are several methods to backup Outlook data just follow these steps.
Method 1: Copy Manually the Outlook File
All the Outlook data stored in the background of the computer inside a single file with the extension “.pst.” In this file, all the data of your outlook account is stored such as emails, journals, notes, and contacts.
- The file is initially located in your C drive address is C:\Users\ \Documents\Outlook Files ( In Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 )
- So first find out the PST file in your system, then copy it to any other folder or secure space, such as a different drive, or in a USB drive.
- Now, to start the restoring data process from this particular file, Fist you need to access Outlook dashboard on your computer after that follow these steps;
- After opening Outlook selects the “File” tab, and click on “Open.”
- There is an option of “Outlook Data File” open it and browse where your PST file is located.
- If you face any difficulty or error when opening this file, then just right-click above the PST file properties and you need to deselect the “Read-only attribute.” Then it starts working.
Method 2: Use Import/Export function to Backup the Data from outlook account
Microsoft Outlook has one best feature of import/export it allows you to store a backup on your selected location directory in the computer.
And it’s a very straightforward process to create a backup with the import/export option, just read the below points.
- First, navigate the Outlook dashboard, then visit the “File” section and hit the “Option” button which is available on the menu tab.
- After that choose the “Advanced” option and here you will see the export section from here you’ve to select the “Export” option.
- In the next screen, you’ll see A new wizard, now from the drop-down menu select the “Export to a file” option and click on “Next.”
- After clicking next you have to choose the “Outlook Data File” option and again click “Next.”
- From here you can select desire folders in which you want to store the backup file and finally hit the “Next.” button.
- That’s it just select any location to store backed up, and tap on the “Finish” button to complete the whole process.
Note This Points
- If you want to secure your file from hackers then create a password-protected file, or set a password after clicking the “Finish.” option.
- You can select a single drive or folder and all the mailbox will store in a PST file.
This is the quickest way to create a backup from the outlook 2010 account with the help of the import/export option.
You May Also Read:-
The outlook is one of the oldest email service providers. So if you forget your account or erase your data then by these ways you can easily back up the entire data from Outlook 2010.
Although it takes time to back up it will solve your whole problem when the download is complete. And for the next time be aware and save the .pst file in some safe location. Because as business purpose email data is essential nowadays.
Can I backup or store Outlook emails to a flash drive?
The outlook email software comes up with the Microsoft Office package. Outlooks one feature also allows you to export/import important mail and store them on a USB flash drive I mention above also. Once the information is successfully transferred on a flash drive, you can share it with a different computer or keep them as a backup for a long time.
How do I save only my Outlook contacts to a flash drive?
There is an option to save particular options such s email, contacts, or notes. Just look at the steps to save only contacts from outlook.
- First, navigate Import And Export option From the File menu.
- Now select the Export option to store the data on your device.
- Many options come just select Personal Folder File (. pst) format and click Next.
- Here we talk about saving contacts so choose Contacts and click Next.
- That’s it Save the exported file data to flash drive and hit the Finish button.
How do I automatically backup emails in Outlook?
The outlook service provides an automatic backup stored in a single file with the extension “.pst.” So if your hard disk is in the right condition then you can easily find out from your C drive the location is C:\Users\ \Documents\Outlook Files.