Email is the best way to communicate with friends, family, and colleagues. It provides a convenient way to send your message with the subject to anybody. By seeing the subject, you will decide whether to open that email or ignore it. Everything happens simply with one email. What if you accidentally deleted an email or you thought you wouldn’t need it anymore, and now you think that email was important for you.
The Outlook email client will help you to recover your accidentally deleted emails. Outlook moves your deleted emails to the Junk Email folder. You can recover those emails within a certain time period. Today, we will see how to recover deleted emails, if they are in the Deleted Items or the Junk Email folder, and for the worst-case, recover the emails if they are not in either the Deleted Items or the Junk Email.
How to recover deleted emails in outlook.com
The outlook is the more flexible email client app to recover your deleted emails and attachments. This in-depth guide will help you to recover your emails from a backed-up folder or an emptied folder. The deleted emails will automatically get unavailable after 30 days.
Emails removed from your Deleted Items folder will be recoverable for 30 days. Junk Email folder will delete emails automatically after 30 days. Follow the below steps to understand how we can recover emails in outlook on our PC:-
Recover emails from Deleted Items or Junk Email folder
- Open your outlook app on pc on the left pane, select the Deleted Items folder or the Junk Email
- Now expand the Deleted Items folder by clicking on the left arrow, and the available messages will be visible to you.
- Now, if you want to recover emails from Deleted Items folder, under deleted items, select your email that you want to restore and click on Restore. If you want to select all your deleted messages, check on the circle by Deleted Items and then click on Restore. Outlook will starts recovering those deleted emails. Once recovered, check the Deleted Items folder, whether messages are recovered correctly or not.
- If you want to recover emails from the Junk Email folder, under Junk Email, select your email that you want to restore and click on Not Junk.
Recover Emails that are removed from your Deleted Items folder
If you deleted an email and that is not available in the Deleted Items folder, the next place you can discover that item in the Recoverable Items folder. Recoverable Items folder keeps your message after deleting messages from Deleted Items. Here how you can recover:-
- Select Deleted Items folder in the left pane of your outlook app.
- After this, at the top of the message list, you will find Recover Deleted Items from this folder and select this.
- Now select the items which you want to restore, and click on the Restore
- Finally, the outlook starts recovering those emails, and you can check recovered emails in the desired location.
- The restored messages will get restored to the original location when possible. If an original folder no longer exists, then the messages will go to your inbox, calendar items will go to your Calendar, contacts item will go to your contacts, and tasks will go to your tasks folder.
How to recover deleted emails in Outlook 2013 or Outlook 2016
The most obvious place to find your accidentally deleted emails in Outlook 2013 or Outlook 2016 is Deleted Items folder in your mailbox.
If this folder exists, so you can recover all your deleted emails back to your inbox. If your deleted emails do not exist in Deleted Items folder, you can either look in the Recoverable Items folder using the Recover Deleted Items tool. Here how you can recover them:-
- Open your Outlook 2013 or 2016 and navigate to the Deleted Items folder.
- Select the Home tab on the outlook menu bar, and then select Recover Deleted Items From Server.
- Select Restore Selected Items and then click on Ok.
- After doing this, this will then move back your deleted emails to Deleted Items
- If you are lucky enough and you can recover deleted emails from the server or Deleted Items, you can move them back to your inbox by right-clicking on it and choosing to move the email to your inbox or another folder as convenient.
How to recover deleted emails in Outlook 2010
If you are using outlook 2010, email client, it can be recovered quickly. The best place to find your deleted messages and other items, such as a calendar, appointment, contact, or tasks in Deleted Items folder.
You can also recover a deleted folder. The deleted folder will appear as a subfolder in Deleted Items folder. Here, how you can recover your deleted items in Outlook 2010:-
- Open your Outlook 2010 app, and go to your email folder list and click on Deleted Items. Then select the message you want to recover and right-click on it.
- A pop-up menu will appear, then click on Move and select Other Folder. Then move the message to the inbox and click on Ok.
- If you deleted a folder, then you can recover it from the Deleted Items folder. The folder will appear as a subfolder in the Deleted Items folder. To recover your deleted folder, right-click on the Move folder, and then select a folder to move it.
- If you can find your deleted messages in Deleted Items folder, then this is good. Otherwise, you can find your deleted items in Recoverable items.
- You can recover your deleted items from Recoverable Items by clicking on the Folder tab from the outlook menu bar and then click on the Recover Deleted
- Now select the items you want to recover and click on Recover Selected Items. If you want to recover multiple items in outlook 2010, hold the control key and select items one by one that you want to recover. To recover all items, click Select all and then click on Recover Selected Items.
How to recover deleted emails in Outlook on an Android device
As we all use an android smartphone daily to check our emails, calendars, and other things. It may be possible that you are using your Outlook account from your Android smartphone.
If you deleted any email in outlook and later you understood, it was important for you. But unfortunately, you cannot recover your emails on your outlook mobile app.
Yes, you read it right. But one thing you can do that recover your email by opening outlook in your android web browser. Here how you can do this:-
- Open your android device browser and enter com URL in the search bar.
- Now enter your email and password, and then Sign In to your account.
- Make sure you are viewing the page as Desktop Site.
- Now tap and hold the Deleted Items
- Now you will see the option to Recover Deleted Items. Tap on it.
- Now select your items and tap on the Restore
You May Also Read:-
So this was all about how to recover your deleted emails in the Outlook app. Just follow the steps recovering is an important part of any mail service. And outlook has g huge audience so people need this type of feature to get their deleted or any previous message. So use it wisely and enjoy the feature.