Attaining the premium membership on your LinkedIn profile adds a number of benefits to your existing LinkedIn account. For instance – the InMail messages that you can send to unlimited LinkedIn users whom you aren’t in touch with personally. The premium linked on version also enables you to participate in several professional development courses online. In addition, you can also re-encounter the insights of the accounts visiting your LinkedIn profile.
Despite enjoying a number of advantages, we’ve seen several links on premium users seeking help on “how to cancel LinkedIn premium?” As we can see you looking for the same, we can guess that either your professional goals have changed or maybe the LinkedIn premium trial didn’t work well for you. However, let us ensure that retrieving the previous linked on free account by canceling the premium subscription is going to be an easy task to carry out.
Before you start, we would like you to be informed with a few basic knowledge about linkedIn. Remember, as soon as you cancel your LinkedIn premium subscription, all your premium benefits will be withdrawn from your account by the end of your premium cycle. Whereas, your LinkedIn connections, profile and other data will remain the same.
In order to avoid paying extra charges, you can cancel the premium account right on the day before the upcoming billing cycle. You will be blocked from signing up for at least 1 year for another free trial in case you’re initiating a cancellation in between your free trial period.
- Potential Reasons to Cancel LinkedIn Premium
- Your Job Seeking to Need Ends
- Zero Job Vacancy
- The Cost of Premium Being Heavy on Your Pocket
- How to Cancel LinkedIn Premium?
- How to Cancel LinkedIn Premium Career or Business Account?
- How to Cancel LinkedIn Premium Sales Navigator Account?
- How to Cancel LinkedIn Premium Recruiter Lite Account?
- How to Cancel LinkedIn Premium Apple Subscription?
- Wondering If You Can Get Back to The Premium Version Again?
Potential Reasons to Cancel LinkedIn Premium
In our misconception of beliefs that over the years, LinkedIn is gradually evolving the pace of professional networking, we often ignore the problems it brings along. Despite being wonderful equipment for professional bonding, there are certain reasons to cancel LinkedIn premium subscription. And these are the following reasons people seek answers for “how to cancel LinkedIn premium?”
Your Job Seeking to Need Ends
You subscribed to the LinkedIn premium version to connect with a variety of employers and apply for suitable job offerings. Now that you’ve already received your offer letter, you have zero need for the premium version. So in order to be unnecessarily charged, you would definitely initiate canceling the subscription.
Zero Job Vacancy
If you’re the employer and you created the LinkedIn premium account to find out efficient employees for your company. Thus your recruitment process is successful and there is no other vacancy left at your office. This can be another reason for you to look for “how to cancel LinkedIn premium?” So you don’t pay unnecessarily even after your need is over.
The Cost of Premium Being Heavy on Your Pocket
Mostly for the self-employed people, the LinkedIn premium subscription cost is too expensive to bear for a longer period of time. It doesn’t always match with how often you’re likely to use it or what you actually get from it. Except for seeing the 90 days worth of people visiting your profile, there is not much you can attain from the premium subscription.
So these were the usual reasons for which people seek help on “how to cancel LinkedIn premium?” However, there can be other reasons too that might be bothering you to continue with the premium version. So there’s nothing much to worry about as you can find the clear steps to cancel your subscription as you scroll down further.
How to Cancel LinkedIn Premium?
While creating a LinkedIn account, the platform must have asked you whether it’s a career or business account or a sales navigator account or a recruiter lite account. As there are different types of accounts for different LinkedIn users, the premium subscription cancellation procedures will also certainly differ from one another. So let’s proceed with or one-by-one –
How to Cancel LinkedIn Premium Career or Business Account?
The following steps for LinkedIn Premium cancellation will be applicable only on career or business accounts.
- Open your web browser on your mobile or desktop, type LinkedIn.com and hit Enter. Log in to your LinkedIn career or business account.
- Click Me from the top menu reflecting.
- Explore the drop-down list and select Premium subscription settings.
- Roll down and navigate to Manage Premium Account, reflecting on the right. Hit Cancel Subscription from its below-hanging options.
- Now, select Continue to cancel.
- Choose any reason for your cancellation and hit the blue Confirm cancellation button.
- Go back to your home feed after clicking Done.
Follow the instructions carefully in case you’ve used the web for purchasing your sales navigator account via LinkedIn.com. However, if you’ve don’t it through an admin or sales team, you must contact the LinkedIn customer support team for cancellation.
- Open your web browser on your mobile or desktop, type LinkedIn.com and hit Enter. Log in to your LinkedIn Sales Navigator account.
- Navigate to your profile photo on the top right corner, hover your cursor there and click on it.
- Explore the drop-down list and choose Settings.
- Hit the Cancel Subscription option hanging below the Account Type tab.
How to Cancel LinkedIn Premium Recruiter Lite Account?
Follow the instructions carefully in case you’ve used the web for purchasing your recruiter lite account via LinkedIn.com. However, if you’ve don’t it through an admin or sales team, you must contact the LinkedIn customer support team for cancellation.
- Open your web browser on your mobile or desktop, type LinkedIn.com and hit Enter. Log in to your LinkedIn Recruiter Lite account.
- Click More from the top of your screen.
- Explore the drop-down list and choose Admin Settings.
- Navigate to the box, Manage your account on the left panel and hit the Cancel Subscription option.
How to Cancel LinkedIn Premium Apple Subscription?
Remember, the above procedures won’t let you cancel the LinkedIn premium subscription you made through your Apple ID. However, you can certainly cancel the subscription plan if you’ve purchased your account through iTunes and from your iTunes Subscription Management page. All you have to do is, go through the procedure thoroughly and get it done.
- Open your iPhone Settings icon reflecting on your Home Screen.
- Scroll down and navigate to the iTunes & App Store option, click on it.
- Look at the top of the screen and tap your Apple ID. In case you aren’t signed in to your Apple ID, click on Sign In from the top and provide your Apple ID email and password to log in first.
- Click View Apple ID reflecting on the top of the pop-up menu.
- Enter your Apple ID password. It is the password you enter every time while installing an app from the Apple Store. In case you use your Touch ID as your Apple ID password, scan your fingerprint as you do.
- Select Subscriptions from the bottom screen.
- The Subscription tab will open your LinkedIn subscription depending on the number of Apple subscriptions you already have. Tap on LinkedIn Premium Subscription.
- Hit the Cancel Subscription button from the bottom of your screen.
As soon as the prompt appears, click Confirm. And finally, it cancels your Apple subscription to the LinkedIn premium account, and it will stop further billing as your current billing cycle restarts. Therefore, you still get to enjoy the benefits of your premium account until the existing billing cycle ends.
Wondering If You Can Get Back to The Premium Version Again?
Hopefully, we’ve been good enough in guiding you with the step-by-step procedure on “how to cancel LinkedIn Premium?” However, as we mentioned earlier that these steps aren’t applicable if your profile was purchased through an admin or sales team. Well, in that case, connecting with the LinkedIn customer support team should be the right action for you.
In case you change your mind someday and decide to regain the LinkedIn Premium account, you can certainly do that. All you have to do is, sign up to the corresponding plan once again, and the system will ask you to start from scratch. However, you should be ensured that none of your saved profiles or items on your previous LinkedIn Premium account will be restored again. It will be an entirely fresh premium version, which has absolutely zero links with the previous one you just canceled.