Amazon Prime Video is a nice alternative to Netflix. It has amazing shows, free movies like Good Omens, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan and The Boys. However, if your free Amazon Prime Video subscription has come to an end, or if you feel like you don’t need the platform anymore, then this article is for you. We are going to discuss how to cancel Prime Video subscription without any hassle.
- How to Cancel Prime Video Subscription?
- Method 1: Through Prime Video
- Method 2: Through Amazon
- Method 3: How To Cancel Prime Video Channel Subscription
- Frequently Asked Questions
- “Will I Get a Refund?”
- ” Will My Subscription Stop Immediately?”
- “Why is Prime Video and Amazon Prime Different?”
- “What are the Prime Video Channels?”
- Final Take
How to Cancel Prime Video Subscription?
There are multiple ways to cancel the Prime Video subscription and they can be a little confusing since there are differences between Prime Video subscription and Amazon Prime subscription. But do not worry, we will provide you with all the methods that you can use to cancel the subscription.
Method 1: Through Prime Video
If you’re only subscribed to Prime Video (that means no free fast shipping, no Prime Now, etc), then you can’t unsubscribe from the streaming service through Amazon.com. You will have to go through the Prime Video website to do so. Just follow these simple instructions if you only have Prime Video subscription.
- On a computer, launch your browser and visit PrimeVideo.com.
- Click on the profile icon on the top right corner of the page.
- Select Account & Settings.
- Click on the Your Account tab.
- Under the Membership header, select End Membership.
- Confirm and cancel your video subscription.
Method 2: Through Amazon
If you got the Prime Video subscription while signing up for Amazon Prime, then you have to manage your subscription through Amazon’s website. Just follow these instructions.
- Use a computer to visit Amazon.com.
- Click on Accounts & Lists on the top of the page and select Your Prime Membership.
- Click on Cancel Membership or End Now and then confirm your cancellation.
You can also cancel the subscription through the Prime Video website. Well, technically, it’ll take you to the Amazon website. Use these instructions if you’re already on Prime Video.
- Hit the profile icon on the top and select Account & Settings.
- Select the Your Account tab.
- Under the Membership section, click Edit on Amazon.
- Select End Membership & Benefits or End Trial & Benefits and confirm your choice.
Method 3: How To Cancel Prime Video Channel Subscription
If you want to end your Prime Video channel subscription, then follow these instructions. This method will not end your Prime Video subscription. If you want to know more about Prime Video Channels, then don’t worry as we will cover this topic in the following sections.
- Open up a browser and visit the Prime Video website.
- Click on the profile icon.
- Select Account & Settings from the drop-down menu.
- You can find your subscriptions and hit Cancel Channel.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here, we will try to answer some questions that you may have.
“Will I Get a Refund?”
If you cancel your subscription before your trial period ends, then nothing will be taken out of your pockets. Unfortunately, you will not get any refunds after you paid for the subscription.
” Will My Subscription Stop Immediately?”
Fortunately, it won’t. You will be able to use your Prime benefits until the end date. You can see this date under the membership section of the Prime Video website or under the “Your Prime Membership” section of the Amazon website.
“Why is Prime Video and Amazon Prime Different?”
Amazon Prime offers you a whole lot of benefits, which includes the streaming service and the free fast shipping. Prime Video is for the customers who only want the streaming service. They won’t be able to use other Prime benefits. However, the best part is that Prime Video is significantly cheaper than the Amazon Prime subscription.
“What are the Prime Video Channels?”
Even though Amazon Prime has a lot of amazing content, subscribers won’t get access to a lot of shows from CBS, HBO, Showtime, etc. Fortunately for the Prime Video users, Amazon will let you add these channels for a small fee. These are the Prime Video Channels and you can see them popping up in the Prime Video app or website. They usually come with a free trial period and that’s why we covered how to cancel them.
However, note that access to Prime Video Channels does not mean that you can use the standalone streaming apps from other networks. For example, Being subscribed to the HBO Prime Video channel does not mean you get access to HBO Now or HBO Go. The prices for the HBO channel subscription and HBO Now are the same. However, Amazon lets you subscribe easily and you won’t have to go through the hassle of creating new accounts.
This is all you need to know about how to cancel your Prime Video subscription. I hope that you’ve found this article helpful. If you have any doubts or suggestions, please let us know in the comments section down below and we will get to you as soon as we can.