MX Player is a media player to stream your videos, music, and other media files. The app is available for android devices to run different media files. Now, this app is also available on Amazon Firestick devices. Sometimes streaming’s apps recommend you to use MX Player for a better viewing experience. So in this article, we will see how to install MX Player on our Fire devices. Installing the MX Player on the Firestick device is a very straightforward process. Installing MX Player will help you to a better video experience for third-party streaming apps.
MX Player provides many video setting options to enhance the video quality for a better viewing experience. It also supports video acceleration and HW Decoder to provide the best audio quality. You can directly play videos for third-party apps by streaming links. For those who love to stream videos online, MX Player started its web series. Now users can also watch MX originals. It includes various movies, web series in different languages. There is no problem if you are accessing it from a specific region wise.
Features of MX Player
It offers to stream third-party apps videos using links. It supports various media files, while others cannot. It supports the files including 3GP, AVI, DivX, FLV, M3U, MP4, MPEG, MOV, WMV, VOB, Xvid. Even though you can play MP3 songs in it, but it can be enabled separately. By default, it is disabled. It offers 12 different languages in India, the USA, UK, and other countries. Now MX players turn into OTT platforms. It has a wide variety of movies, TV shows, and MX originals.
How to install MX Player on Firestick?
We will install the MX Player from the Amazon App Store. It is now officially available on the Amazon App Store. So we can now easily install it. We will see step by step guide to install the MX Player on our Fire devices. So let’s see how to do it.
1. Boot your Firestick home screen and click on the Search or Magnifying lens icon.
2. On the next screen, search MX Player and hit on the Search
3. Click on the first result from the results page.
4. On the next screen, it will show you the app description. Scroll down and click on the Get/Download
5. Wait to finish downloading it.
6. Once the download is completed, click on the Open
For the new Firestick interface, click on the Find tab and then the Search option. Now follow the above steps from 2nd.
How to sideload MX Player on Firestick?
For some users, if MX Player is not officially available on the Amazon App Store. We need to sideload it from external downloading apps. We will discuss what and how to install them. Let’s see how to do it. First, we will install both downloading apps, later we will install the MX Player app on our Fire device.
First Enable Developers mode:-
- Go to the Firestick home screen and select the Settings For new Firestick users, click on the Gear or Settings icon.
- Now select My Fire TV in settings.
- Now select the Developers options.
- Now select the Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Now click on Enable.
We need to do it because Firestick does not allow us to install third-party apps by default. After enabling it, we can install any app.
Install Downloader App:-
You can easily find out this app on Amazon App Store.
- Click on the Search or Magnifying lens icon.
- Now type the Downloader on the search bar.
- On the search result, select the first app from the results.
- Now it will redirect you to the next page, which is the description page.
- Now click on the Get/Download button.
- Wait to finish downloading. Once it is installed, click on the Open
For New Firestick interface users, click on the Find tab. From the options below, click on the Search button and follow the 2nd step from the above.
Install MX player using Downloader:
Once all settings are done, open the Downloader app and follow the below steps.
1. Open the Downloader
2. On the search bar, enter the official webpage of the MX Player URL. Click on the Go button.
3. It will automatically start downloading. Wait to finish it.
4. Once the download will finish, click on the Install button from the prompt.
5. On the next screen, again click on the Install.
6. That’s it! Your MX Player is now installed on your Firestick.
Install Mx Player using ES File Explorer.
It is another method to install the MX Player on the Firestick. To use this method, make sure you have installed the ES File Explorer app.
If you have, then follow the below steps.
- Launch the ES File Explorer.
- Now navigate to the right part of the app.
- Now click on the Downloader
4. Now click on the +New icon from the bottom menu bar.
5. Now on the path, enter the official website of MX Player.
6. After that, click on the Download Now
7. Now it will automatically download the MX Player APK file to the system.
8. Find the file location and click on the APK file to install it.
9. That’s it! You successfully installed the MX Player on Firestick.
Both the firestick and MX-players are amazing platforms to watch movies, web-series, and TV shows. So this guide is all about how to install the MX Player on our Firestick device. We discussed the features of MX Players and how to install the MX player on firestick in three simple ways. Using Amazon App Store and sideloading the app. For sideloading, we also discussed how to install the Downloader app to use MX-player on firestick. So use any method according to your convenience of use.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is MX Player a third-party app in Amazon Firestick?
Ans – No, not at all. MX Player is officially available on the Amazon App store. But sometimes, some users may face issues while installing from the Amazon App Store. That’s what we mentioned in the second guide.
Q. Does MX Player still work on Firestick 2021?
Ans – Yes, it is working fine. MX Player keeps updating for many years. The developers are bringing new cool features with every update.
Q. Is MX player free to watch movies on Firestick?
Ans – Yes, MX Player is not a subscription-based streaming app. You can watch any movies free of cost.
Q. Is VLC better than MX Player?
Ans – Well, we cannot compare both apps. Both are good according to platforms. If you are using a PC, then I will recommend you to VLC player. But for android devices, it is always best to use MX Player.
Q. Is MX Player free?
Ans – Yes, the MX player is free with a lot of features. You may experience the annoying ads between streaming a movie. If you want you can upgrade it to the Pro version.
Q. Is MX Player safe to Use?
Ans – Yes, MX Player is safe to use by both installing from the App store and sideloading the app. They both come from the official website. So no need to get worried about it.