How Auto Forward Emails in Outlook? Auto forward is one of the best features in outlook. If you want to forward an email to another person without reading it. For example, if you are on vacation or on any trip with your family,
But there is urgent work and one of your colleagues sent you an important email. So if you want that email should be read by your coworker on behalf of you. Then you have to utilize the auto-forward feature, so there is no need to read each message and forward it one-by-one in your office.
That’s why people prefer to use the auto-forward feature. It helps a lot and overcome half of your extra work.
Auto forwarding can be easily performed by adding a rule to the message. Once a rule is added successfully to the email, it will directly forward an email to the person which you mentioned over there. Outlook provides this feature for auto-forwarding emails to another person.
It is also helpful if you don’t want to read emails individually on your end when the task is easily handled by your junior. You can still apply a rule to an email message available in your inbox. And also to the person you mentioned. Don’t worry The forwarded email message you can read anytime when you want.
Add a rule to Auto-forward Emails in Outlook.
To enable the auto-forward feature in Outlook, first, you need to apply a rule to the message. Once the auto-forward rule is applied properly, Outlook will take care rest of the part like to whom it needs to send. The main thing auto-forward feature allows the user to read and respond on behalf of you. So here how we can enable auto-forward in Outlook:-
For Office 2013/16/19
- Open your outlook client and click on the Home tab.
- Now select the Rules on the Move group.
- From the dropdown menu, select the Manage Rules & Alerts.
- Now a new Rules and Alerts window will appear. Select the New Rules under the Email Rules tab.
- Select Apply rules on the messages I receive under the ‘Start from a blank rule’ and hit on the Next button.
- On the next window, don’t select anything and hit on the Next button.
- Now a prompt will appear containing This rule will be applied to every message you receive. Is this correct?. Hit on the Yes button.
- On the next screen list, select the below options under the “Step 1 Select Actions”:
- Redirect it to people or public group
- Stop processing more rules
- Now click on the hyperlink “People or public group.”
- On the next Rules Address window, select email addresses from the list, then click on the To button. Or you can manually enter the email address in the To box separating with a semicolon(;). Click on the Ok button.
- Now finally, hit on the Finish button.
- On the Rules and Alerts window, your new rule will appear in the list. Now click on the Ok button. That’s it.
For Outlook Web client:-
- Open your outlook web and click on the Gear icon to open settings.
- Now select Options in the menu. In the Settings dialog box, select Mail on the left pane. Then select Forwarding from the options.
- After that check on the Enable Forwarding checkbox.
- Now enter the email addresses to whom you want to forward messages. If you want the copies of forwarded emails in your Outlook account, check on the Keep a copy of forwarded messages check box.
- If you don’t select the Keep a copy of forwarded messages, then the emails will not be available in your Outlook account and not even in your Deleted Items folder.
- Now hit on the Save button.
Forward Specific emails using a rule in Outlook.com.
If you are using Outlook.com for sending emails, calendars, meetings, and more, then you are also able to apply a rule to them. You can apply a rule to forward your emails to another account, no need to do them one-by-one manually it consumes a lot of time & effort. Here is the steps how you can forward specific emails by using a “rule” option in Outlook:-
- Open Outlook for the web and click on the Gear icon. Click on the View all Outlook settings.
- Select Mails on the left pane and click on the Rules.
- Now click on the Add a new rule and type the description name to the “rule” for easy understanding.
- Now select condition from the Add a condition dropdown menu how to forward the emails. The dropdown menu will contain:-
- Has Attachment:- To forward all emails with attachments.
- From:- “To forward all emails from a specific sender.”
- Importance:- “To forward only emails marked with high importance.”
- Select an action from the Add an action dropdown menu to choose the format of the forwarded message. The dropdown menu will contain:-
- Forward to:- To send the message as an email.
- Forward as Attachment:- “To forward complete emails as unmodified attachments.”
- Now enter the email address to whom the email message should forward automatically.
- If you want to exclude the email that matches particular criteria, select Add an Exception (Optional).
- Select a condition from the Select one dropdown menu. For example, if you want to exclude a message which contains a particular subject. Select Subject includes. Now enter the words which you think to exclude and hit on the Save button.
- Now everything is done. If a sender sent you a message, it gets auto-forward to the person you mentioned.
Instructions for Classic Outlook on the Web:-
If you are using a classic web version of Outlook, then this section will help you to enable auto-forward on your classic version. Follow the below steps to turn ON auto-forward feature:-
- Log on to Outlook.com and click on the Gear icon to open settings.
- Click on the Mail. Under Mail, select Accounts and select Forwarding.
- To turn on the Forwarding, select Start Forwarding. Enter the email address and hit on Save button.
- If you want to stop Forwarding, select the Stop Forwarding and hit on the Save button.
- If you want a copy of the forwarded email, Select the Keep a copy of forwarded messages.
- That’s it. Now your auto-forward feature is enabled.
Auto forward email on Outlook for Mac.
If you are using Outlook on mac OS for sending and receive emails, calendars, meetings schedule, and more, you can apply a rule to them as well. The ‘rule’ will help you to sort out emails, calendars, meetings scheduled. We will implement an auto-forward rule to our email. In this part, we will discuss the method of how to auto-forward emails in Outlook for Mac. Just follow the guide:-
- First of all, open your Outlook on mac. Now click on the Home tab.
- Now click on the Rules. Usually, it will be in the center.
- From the dropdown menu, select the Edit Rules.
- On the new Rules window, on the left side pane, make sure your email account is selected.
- Now click on the + sign to add a rule near the bottom.
- Now type the rule name on the Rule name box.
- Select All Messages from the dropdown menu under the ‘When a new message arrives that meets all these conditions.’
- By default, ‘Move to folder’ will be selected. Now change this to ‘Redirect to.’
- In the next field, enter the email to whom you want to forward the email.
- Before clicking on Ok, make sure the below boxes are checked for:-
- Do not apply other rules to messages that meet the same conditions.
- Now click on the Ok to finish the rule. Your rule will appear on the Rules window. Now click on the Red dot on the upper left corner to finish it.
I think you got the answer to your query regarding how-to auto-forward emails in Outlook. First, you have to understand To auto-forward our email, we need to apply the rules on the email that’s it all about. Outlook has a feature and equally helps us to add a ‘rule‘ on emails.
What you need to do is just follow some simple instructions if you were using different versions of outlook or different operating systems then consider the steps according to that. Here we cover the topic for Outlook web, Mac, and windows plus for outlook’s Office 2013/16/19 versions.