Fortnite and Minecraft are the two biggest games in the world. The former is the most popular game currently while the latter is the most popular of all time. So, it is the right time to take a look at Fortnite VS Minecraft and think which one is better than the other. While both the games have their own features, characters, and gameplay, it would be interesting to know who holds an edge over the other. If you want to know, just go through this post.
Here, I will present to you a complete overview of Fortnite VS Minecraft. This battle between the two giant games is going to be really interesting. Just take your side and start reading.
- Fortnite VS Minecraft: The Battle Between The Two Most Popular Games
- Gameplay: Fortnite VS Minecraft
- Game Modes Comparison between Fortnite and Minecraft
- Graphics, Price & Availability
- What I like & What I Don’t in Fortnite
- What I Like & What I Don’t in Minecraft
- Which one is better & Which one should you play?
- Who is The Winner – Minecraft or Fortnite?
Fortnite VS Minecraft: The Battle Between The Two Most Popular Games
Gaming is one of the best fun activities that you can do. During recent years, the number of gamers in the world is increasing rapidly. If you love playing games, then I’m sure you already know about both Fortnite and Minecraft. These are the two most popular games in the world. A lot of players, especially the new ones are often confused that which one is better and which one they should play. This has lead us to compare both the games with their different aspects.
This comparison or battle between Fornite and Minecraft will help you to decide which game you shall play. I’ve played both these games and found both of them addictive. Based on my experiences, I’ll help you understand them better.
Gameplay: Fortnite VS Minecraft
The gameplay of Fortnite is very different from the gameplay of Minecraft. Fortnite is a TPP shooting battle royale game where a hundred players jump on an island, find weapons and other resources, fight among themselves to be the last man standing. The sole purpose of the player is to survive and defeat whoever he is able to find on the map. The gameplay is fun with the availability of various weapons, buildings, and other things. It’d surely boost your adrenaline levels.
On the other hand, Minecraft is a sandbox video game where you literally have 100s of things to do. You can build various things, hunt for resources, explore the biomes, and survive throughout the world. The purpose of Minecraft is to build and survive. You can play it alone or play it with your friends. It might be slower than Fortnite, but the gameplay of Minecraft is surely addicting.
Game Modes Comparison between Fortnite and Minecraft
Fortnite and Minecraft have very different game modes. Fortnite has three main game modes– Save the World, Battle Royale, and Creative. The Battle Royale mode is obviously the most popular one where you have to fight with all the players. Save the World revolves around surviving against the environment and completing the required tasks. And, in Creative mode, you can play as well as create custom maps.
Note: Fortnite keeps getting ‘Featured’ and ‘LTM’ (Limited Time) game modes. They aren’t available in Minecraft.
While Minecraft also has three main games modes– Survival, Creative, and Hardcore. But, they are completely different than Fortnite. The Survival mode is the most popular mode of Minecraft where your goal is to survive against all the odds. Hardcore mode is also like survival but you get only one life and must play on ‘hard’ difficulty. The Creative mode of Minecraft has limitless possibilities. You can literally do thousands of things in it.
Note: Minecraft also offers 4 Difficulty levels- Peaceful, Easy, Normal, and Hard. There isn’t anything like that in Fortnite.
Graphics, Price & Availability
Graphics of Fortnite and Minecraft are sky-apart. Fortnite has edgy graphics that are very detailed and may look like an animated movie to some people. But, Minecraft has graphics that look like lego-blocks. Graphics are often considered a limitation of Minecraft. However, you can now improve them using Shaders, Resource packs, and Ray Tracing.
Fortnite is a free-to-play game on any device. But, you must spend money to play Minecraft. It costs $26.95 to buy and play Minecraft. Additionally, you’d also have to spend money on the specs of your PC to play Minecraft smoothly. Fortnite also requires good specifications on a computer but it may even run on some low-end or mid-end computers.
Both Minecraft and Fortnite are now available on all mainstream devices. You can play them on your computer, consoles, tablets, or even smartphones now. Earlier, Fortnite wasn’t available on all smartphones, but now it is up to install on the Play Store for any Android device.
What I like & What I Don’t in Fortnite
After playing Fortnite, here are the things that I like and I don’t like about the game.
What I like-
- The battle royale experience.
- The thrill of finding weapons, building, shooting, and surviving.
- Creative mode increases the versatility of the game.
- The skins and costumes are appealing.
- I can play it with or against my friends without getting bored.
- The huge fan base, community, and eSports scene.
What I Don’t Like-
- V-Bucks are expensive and you can’t get cool stuff without them.
- Full of noobs who only ruin the game experience.
- I hate Fortnite dances. People on the web like them and even imitate. But, I find them awkward.
- The Creative Mode is not permanent.
- There is only one Map.
What I Like & What I Don’t in Minecraft
Here are things that I like and don’t after playing Minecraft.
What I like-
- There are 5 difficulty options. So, newbies like me face no tough challenges in the beginning.
- The ‘Creative’ mode is amazing. There is so much to do. I can even build my house on it.
- There are Servers available where you can play different mini-games, challenge games, and creative plots.
- It doesn’t end after defeating the Ender Dragon. There are so many things still left to do.
- Understanding and exploring the map is easy.
- Availability of Mods, Resource Packs, and Shaders.
What I don’t like-
- The game isn’t free to play.
- Their fan-base is full of children. But, the case is the same with Fortnite as well.
- The graphics are not appealing. Unless you use something like Shaders or Ray Tracing.
- I didn’t like the ‘better together’ update.
- It requires a ‘really’ good PC to run smoothly.
Which one is better & Which one should you play?
It is tough to say that Minecraft is better than Fortnite or vice versa. Both the games have their unique playstyle, pros, and cons. You can’t just declare one as the winner. However, Minecraft does have an edge over Fortnite in terms of longevity. You may be bored once after playing Fortnite for days or months. But, Minecraft is evergreen. You can never get bored of it. Google Trends graph for the two games shows the same.
You should play either of them or even both. Fortnite is a fast game full of thrill and Minecraft is a slower game full of strategies. I’d recommend that you play both of them. And, in this way, you can have fun to the core without missing anything.
Who is The Winner – Minecraft or Fortnite?
Fortnite and Minecraft are the two most popular games in today’s world. Gamers often seem to compare the one with the other to conclude which one is better. This was the complete comparison between the brilliant games. You should first realize that what sort of games you like and how capable is your device before choosing any game. If you like to play a battle royale, go with Fortnite. And, if you want to build structures and do so many things, start playing Minecraft.
That’s all for this post. I hope you find it helpful. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding anything written here, don’t forget to drop them in the comments.