On June 3, 2019, Apple announced that it would phase out its iTunes app from the market in the way it was available. Since the upgrade to macOS Catalina, all the iTunes media libraries would bifurcate into specific apps such as the Apple Music app, TV app, Books app, and so on. The high syncing time of the platform, improper functioning of the backups, and lesser compatibility with other devices had already made users hunt for iTunes alternatives. This is why the news of stopping further upgrades for the platform wasn’t really surprising for most of them.
iTunes, in its time, has been one of the best media centers that could organize, assemble, and dish out the highest quality media in the form of movies, music, and TV shows. But as technology moved in its pace, the faultlines of the platform also became more apparent.
But the declaration made the world rethink in terms of finding substitutes of the platform, which could suffice iTunes’ versatility. So, here we have listed some of the best iTunes alternatives, many of which run across OS, such as Linux and Windows. Have a look.
Best iTunes Alternatives You Should Check:
There are a number of iTunes alternatives available on the web. We’ve weed out the most efficient ones and prepared a list below. Scroll down to know them all.
1. EaseUS MobiMover
EaseUS MobiMover is our first choice for an iPhone data transfer software. It is a very convenient iOS File Manager and transfer tool to keep your iPhone well organized. You can use it to manage the contents of your iPhone in easy steps.
You can transfer, add, delete, and edit the items stored on your iPhone or iPad.
Here are the key features of EaseUS MobiMover:
- iOS Data Transfer tool
- Transfer data from your iPhone or iPad to another iDevice.
- Transfer files like contacts, photos, videos, messages, and notes from an iPhone or iPad to your Windows or Mac computer.
- Transfer files from your Windows for Mac computer to your iPhone/iPad/iPod
- Back up and restore WhatsApp chats and attachments.
- Download videos and music to your iPhone or PC.
- Unlock your iPhone screen without password (Technician version)
- A clean and user-friendly UI.
- Most features are available for free.
These highlights make EaseUS MobiMover a worthy iTunes alternative. You can use it anytime to transfer data from your iOS device to your computer or another iOS device and replace iTunes.
2. Gihosoft iManager
One of the fastest-growing software development companies, Gihosoft, aims to build an extremely efficient system of mobile rooting, erasing data, seamless backups, recovery, and transfer, in other words, an extensive data manager. This software tops our list of best iTunes alternatives because it supports all iOS models, versions, and data modules, and also provides a user interface whose user-friendliness is difficult to match.
To begin with, Gihosoft iManager lets you run and transfer all your playlists, music, and video across your iPhone, iPad, PC, and iPod Touch. And as the software can run on all three platforms, it further allows you to decrypt and access all the older iTunes backups, add to them without deleting the already present files, the facilities are innumerable. Gihosoft iManager is available to download on Mac and Windows PC both.
The main features of this software include:
- Creating smart backups seamlessly
- Smooth data encryption for added security
- Conversion of all FLV, MP4, MP3 and other file formats to Mac-compatible formats
- Supports even the latest iPad iOS/iOS 13, iPhone 11/11 Pro.
3. MacX MediaTrans
Another great iTunes alternative to win the catbird’s seat is MacX MediaTrans. One of the reasons this software stands apart from the rest of the alternatives is its ability to convert the gigantic 4K videos and pictures into humane sizes in not more than 10 seconds. What’s more, like Gihosoft, MacX MediaTrans also organizes all the media files with beautiful album art and all the necessary info. Furthermore, it gives a significant advantage over iTunes in terms of getting the most out of your music app.
For instance, with MacX Media Trans, you are powered with two-way superfast sync, which is to and from any iOS device to the PC. Moreover, iTunes used to have limits in tampering with the playlists, and this platform does away with that completely, so that’s a major hassle saver.
So, the most exciting features of this software are:
- Easy functionality: allows you to swap media files among devices by drag and drop
- Reduce 4K files to half their dimensions and sizes in any i-device.
- A lot more options in handling music such as two-way sync, making ringtones, Auto-rotate feature, seamless export, and import of files, etc.
- Auto-convert AVI, FLV, MP4 and other formats to Apple-compatible formats
- Export and import of files have no iTunes space limits.
If you miss all the user customizations of iTunes, then MusicBee will surely suit your needs. This software is another great contender for the seat of the best alternatives owing to its detailed attention to processing and organizing music files. With MusicBee, managing all your audio files becomes a cakewalk because of all the special features it comes with. For instance, like the Kodi media player, MusicBee downloads all the necessary information on any album, singer, or famous collection.
The search bar is also very flexible in the application, making it easier for music enthusiasts to find what they are looking for, by hitting their favorite genres or the time frame, let’s say the 70s or the 80s. So, without any delay, let’s get into all the exciting features of this platform, and you’ll understand why we prefer this iTunes alternative so much.
- There are some great music-enhancing features under which fall 15 different equalizers to set the right mood for different genres.
- Resampling tracks of lower bitrate to make it compatible with 5.1 surround sound.
- Supports WinAmp plugins to enhance audio quality further
5. WinX MediaTrans
As we had promised in the introduction itself that we are coming up with the best iTunes alternatives for all the three platforms, this one is for the Windows users. The WinX MediaTrans is the best iTunes alternative for those who prefer Windows-compatible programs.
This software beats others with its user-friendliness and flexibility and acts as a trustworthy repository of all the media, including the high-quality gigantic 4K video files, as well as ensuring seamless sync of files across platforms.
Some of the best features of this software need further elucidation:
- First, WinX eases the tricky situation of transferring all the iTunes playlists, songs, music, and podcasts from the iOS platform to the new Windows platforms. While many third-party software developers boast of this ability, very few are able to execute it as efficiently as WinX Media Trans.
- The software also comes with some fun tools such as video converter and ringtone creator.
- Runs on minimum system requirements.
From Windows compatibility, we move on to cross-platform/OS compatibility, and Clementine is one file-managing app that functions in all the three: Windows, Linux, and Mac. So, if you are a programmer or video-making geek who has to do a whole lot of swapping between OS, having one file managing app would help. This is where Clementine acts as the perfect iTunes alternative.
Before starting out with the awesome features, let’s tell you straight off the bat: it’s GUI design isn’t quite up to the mark. But it compensates for the lack of its functionality.
Some of the rad features of the application are:
- It’s designed to handle large music libraries via cloud storage
- There are loads of equalizers to enhance the audio quality of your music
- Advanced tagging helps you better organize and update your media files
- It’s free software, no royalties, nothing!
One of the most comprehensive alternatives on our list is AnyTrans, which can easily rank as the best audio transfer app between the iTunes library and all your iOS devices barring any transfer limit. Adding to seamless file transfer, AnyTrans acts as an all-rounder content manager that organizes all your phone media and iTunes playlists separately and independently. This means you can add, delete, and export any specific track from your desired iOS device without any hindrance. The best thing is, AnyTrans is available for both Mac and Windows.
Some of its other exciting features include:
- Facilitates two-way music transfer like MusicBee
- Imports audio files directly to the device along with the playlists
- 1-click export of files from iOS device to PC
- Always reserves original music metadata such as artwork, album details, artists’ details, etc.
8. Aiseesoft FoneTrans
Till now, we have been focusing mostly on transferring and managing media files, but now we have something different in store for you. Aiseesoft Fone Trans is one such software that’s a one-stop solution to the seamless transfer of all high-security data files of your iOS devices as well as furnishing of all your personal info with extreme caution.
From backing up all media files to proper restoring of your contacts, Fone Trans has mastered it all. And that’s why all its verified users have termed this one of the most secure alternatives currently available on the market.
Its best features include:
- Extremely fast and safe export of contacts, text messages, social media backups, regular media backup settings, etc.
- Superfast import of videos and songs to your iPhone or iPad.
- Ability to convert high-quality images.
- Fast data transfer with just a single click.
Dedicated Windows users have another reason to rejoice because we have come up with another wonderful media management suite called MediaMonkey. This software made a definitive position in our list of the best iTunes alternatives because, among other things, it also finds out all the missing track information from playlists. It enables you to keep updating your playlist with all the necessary information on each track.
Here are some of its mind-blowing features:
- Fuses all the video and audio collections into a neatly organized list of its own.
- Cleans and filters out duplicate files very easily.
- Enables superfast two-way syncing from PC and iOS devices.
- Supports FLAC, an audio format dedicated to the iOS platform.
Top 24 iTunes Alternatives for Mac and Windows
We earnestly believe these 8 media management suites will perfectly serve as great alternatives and cut off your dependency on it. But for further assistance, we’ve got you covered with 16 more alternatives of the same:
- EaseUS MobiMover
- Gihosoft iManager
- MacX MediaTrans
- WinX MediaTrans
- Aiseesoft FoneTrans
- DearMob iPhone Manager
- dr.fone Transfer
- iMazing 2
- iSkysoft TunesOver
- CopyTrans Manager
- KiwiG PhonTunes
- iMobie PodTrans
So, we hope this expansive list and the detailed info of all these famous iTunes alternatives will serve your organizing needs with utmost efficiency. But if you asked for further clarity of choice, our clear winner from the list is Aiseesoft Fone Trans due to its immense organizing capability and extreme utility.
You could also try MacX if you need a converter for the enormous 4K files on your iOS devices. Keep browsing and stay tuned for more such interesting reviews. Good luck!