The telecommunication rate has slashed dramatically in the last few years, as a consequence of which the number of Internet users hiked gigantically. In this day and age, the majority of people seek to pursue a career online as a Freelancer, Blogger, Vlogger, Game Streamer, etc. Online game streaming has become a fascinating and viable option to pursue a career; it all started with youtube live gaming. And now, there are several other online game streaming platforms where people can stream games or enjoy live streams of other gamers.
Twitch is at the pinnacle of online game streaming platforms that allow users to stream games online and enjoy their favorite gamers’ live streams. I have composed a comprehensive article on How to Stream on Twitch PC. I will mention some of the great features and superiorities of Twitch that make it better than its rival game streaming platforms. So let us quicken up to the primary matter.
Some important points to be kept in mind before getting started:
- Twitch online streaming is a subsidiary company of Amazon, so if you hold an Amazon Prime membership, you will automatically get Twitch Prime Subscription.
- Twitch is an online game streaming platform that allows you to stream games online and view online game streaming; it does not make your gaming console or computer faster or better.
Also, Check: 12 Best Screen Recorder for Windows 10 & 8.1
How to Stream on Twitch?
Twitch has become a very popular game streaming option as people pursue a career in game streaming. Nowadays, the hype of game streaming has increased very much, many people want to use Twitch for game streaming, but because of incomplete guidance, they lack confidence. I have compiled this article to help such people to start streaming on Twitch and become popular gamers. Let us look at some of the factors necessary for streaming on Twitch.
Creating a Twitch Account
If you want to stream or enjoy streaming, you need a Twitch account; creating a Twitch account does not include any hectic process, but few people may find it difficult. For such people, I have elaborated on all the steps below to help them create a Twitch account.
- Firstly visit the official Twitch tv website.
- On the homepage, you can see the signup option in the upper right-hand option; click on it.
- The next step is to fill out the form with your credentials and sign up.
- The last step is to verify your email id by clicking on the link received via mail.
- Voila, you have successfully created your Twitch account.
Once you are done creating your Twitch, the very next thing that you should do is customize your channel page; it is the page that contains all the information about the streamer and the streaming channel. An appealing and quality description gives your page a professional touch. Moreover, you can change the theme and add the menu category per your choice. A good channel page increases the number of viewers on the broadcast.
Streaming Over Computer or Laptop
If you are a real gamer, you must know that nothing can be better than a good gaming PC or laptop for a high-quality gaming experience. And you must be aware that most streamers use a computer for streaming instead of any gaming console. Let us quickly look at the hardware and software specifications your system should have for a quality gaming experience and streaming.
Minimum Hardware Specifications Required
Nowadays, games are so heavy that old systems cannot run them; below are some of the minimum specifications required in your system to run most of the games smoothly without any laginess.
- Intel i5 7th generation 3.0 GHz Processor (or equivalent AMD or RYZEN processor)
- 8 Gb of Ram (Minimum)
- Nvidia 2 Gb Graphic Card or Equivalent(Minimum)
Installing a Good Broadcasting Software
If you want to stream games, good broadcasting software is essential for your PC or laptop. Broadcasting software helps to record games and stream them online with the help of a streaming platform (Twitch). There are various game broadcasting software available online with varying features. You can download the one you like. I have compiled this article in context to OBS (Open Broadcasting Software) software.
Steps To Stream on Twitch from PC
- Log in to your Twitch account and get the Stream Key from the setting.
- Start the OBS software and go to the setting section.
- In settings, go to the “Stream” section and paste the stream key; in the dropdown box, select “Twitch.”
- Then go to setting> Output > Stream and set video bitrate to 2500 and audio bitrate to 160.
- The next step is to go to the setting> Video and set the “Base Resolution,” “Output Resolution,” and “Fps” according to the specification of your hardware.
- Now head over to setting> Audio, set the sample rate to 40khz, and select your mic and speaker from the dropdown option.
- Start the game you want to stream in the background, then head back to OBS and on the bottom of the main screen, you will see a small + icon, click on it and add the game capture.
In the last few years, the hype about online game streaming has significantly increased; many people like to pursue their careers in this field to make a living. An online streaming platform is one of the essential things needed to stream online. There are several online streaming platforms, amongst which Twitch is one of the most popular. If you are new to this arena, you may find some difficulties using this platform as it is pretty complicated.
Today in this article, I have described How to Stream on Twitch with OBS and compiled a very comprehensive and detailed report. Share this article with your friends who are new to Twitch, and if you have any doubts or queries, feel free to ask me in the comment section.