It becomes very annoying when an app starts opening automatically during we just start our devices. So discord is also one of the applications that come with the auto-start feature. It does provide convenience in some cases but for users who don’t use these applications every time, it would be a headache. Although you may use those programs after some time. But when too many applications open at a time of booting windows it affects your processor health too.
Discord is the well arrange a program to do voice, audio, and video chat also stream your content via server its a very useful and reliable source to connect a huge audience specifically designed for gaming communities but isn’t limited to gaming communities as of now use in many purposes like Education, for developing business, to organize meetings, by learning students and many more streams.
People generally know discord as VoIP and instant messaging app. While this is quite a stable platform but there are some issues that you might experience with it so move below to understand it.
How to Stop Discord from Opening on Startup
So when you download the program, it is set to start automatically If you are given permission while you launching the computer. The best solution is you should probably disable Auto Start for Discord and how to do that later we discuss in this article each and every point about it.
There are a couple of methods of turning off the auto-start in the background. You can simply turn off the auto-start feature via the Discord app’s settings or you can manage the Task Manager setting to disable the Discord from its startup application’s menu. Both of those ways are listed below.
Method 1: Turn off Auto-start in Discord through Task Manager
If you’re seriously thinking about how to stop Discord from opening on Startup, you can try this technique. This method will help you throughout any applications to keep in shut at the time of the booting window if the app has that functionality. In this way, you can easily disable the self-launch feature of Discord within a few clicks please refer to the below steps if you’re using the Discord application on Windows 10/8/7, this feature is not available for the Mac.
- Go to the bottom right in your taskbar or Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to run Task Manager. Next, see the up arrow icon, this is your system tray Left Click on it.
- Scroll down to find the Discord program and select it. While Discord is selected click Disable to stop it from opening on startup.
- Once it’s done Exit Task Manager Discord won’t launch automatically when you start the computer next time.
If you find that it’s too annoying that Discord launches automatically when you boot the computer this process will help you to stop Discord from opening on Startup on all Windows devices.
NOTE: If you have turned off the auto-start feature in Discord directly, then you will not find the Discord program under Task Manager Startup tab so don’t worry.
Turn off Auto-start in Discord through Discord Application
This is an inbuilt option on the discord app which shuts the app close when you start your PC. At the time of installation also discord gives an option of it but sometimes we ignore it because by default it’s set to enable the option. So next time be aware of this feature and don’t allow it.
And by chance, if you are given permission to it, so If you are using a newer version of the Discord application here are the settings turn off the discord auto-start function via the Discord app. Usually placed under a “settings” or “general” tab for other apps.
- Navigate the Discord application seems like panda face double Click on it and launch the app.
- Just select the User Settings symbol from the bottom-left corner of Discord.
- In the next window, select Windows Settings from the left pane.
- Then toggle off the option Open Discord underneath the section of SYSTEM STARTUP BEHAVIOR.
- Click the ESC button on the top-right edge and exit Discord.
- That’s it! next time whenever you start the system AutoStart doesn’t occurs.
How to Stop Discord from Opening on Startup As Mac Users
The method to stop discord from opening on startup is slightly different from windows. But you can also do it through your macOS. And you all know MacOS is better known for its compatibility so how they avoided this function. just follow the steps.
- On Mac devices, first, You Have To go to the Apple Menu by selecting the Apple logo on the top left corner of the screen. From the menu, select System Preferences.
- After that, from the Popup menu there is a list of options, click on Users & Groups.
- Now, in the Users & Groups section, go to the Login Items option
- From the Login items tab, choose Discord and then click on the minus (-) icon
- That’s it. Now the Discord app will stop automatic functioning whenever you start your system.
Same like several Windows ecosystem apps, Discord also comes among a set of advanced features including the auto-start. This feature is introduced to make it more comfortable to use the Discord app and that’s why it is switched on by default. But a lot of personalities aren’t a fan of the auto-start feature particularly because they want more power over their system.
So, it’s obvious that many of you are looking for a way to turn off this How to Stop Discord from Opening on Startup feature so this guide will help you through the entire discord Auto Start issue. Hope you understand By the way cover for all platforms so it’s easy for you.
Can I Stop Discord From Opening On Startup automatically? Answer: Yes, of course, is not a big deal you can do it directly from discord app or through windows task manager I mentioned full steps for this problem in this article so better to walk through over it you get all the solution regarding How to stop discord auto start.