Discord app is featured among several lists of top 10 messaging apps in the world. Because Discord Update themselves every year previously they added Video chat and screen share option and now they come up with a spoiler solution. This is one of the coolest things in Discord. By this, you can present your text or image content more effectively to your followers to change the way viewers which attracted them toward your content. So don’t worry about How to Spoiler on Discord? You can also get spoilers shared in voice chat but nothing is interesting there to do.
I think you realized sometime in other apps while you watching videos, content goes spoiled or blur while you were scrolling through your favorite Discord server, and when you tap they appear in the true form. So how an admin can do that. It’s enough now Discord too added spoiler tags to their service. There are a few techniques to add spoiler tags in Discord below we discuss all in brief details pick one of them and apply to Make A Spoiler Tag In Discord.
- How is The Discord Spoiler Tag work?
- How to Spoiler on Discord
- How to Highlight the Spoiler Tag
- How to Spoiler on Discord by using Markdown Command
- How to Spoiler on Images or Videos in Discord Through Desktop
- How to Spoiler on Discord Mobile app (Android & iOS)
- For Apple iOS
- For Android Devices
- How to Spoiler Images or Videos on Discord Through Mobile app (Android/iOS)
How is The Discord Spoiler Tag work?
Spoiler means you disclose something which people don’t prepare, for example, someone is reading a novel but you came suddenly I tell the ending of that novel like who killed the enemy this is what we called a spoiler. So once when you added this tag in your content. Content will be highlighted and shown under the grey or black color box.
If you’re on a well-managed server you may have a spoiler channel. But you should do it properly, by warning others appropriately and marking your image or text as a spoiler. If you need to great broadcast things in a spoiler.
How to Spoiler on Discord
This incredibly useful point enables users to add all formatting of text with the highlighting features. This app will enhance your messages with more emotions by emojis, gifs, and images, short videos but some people are unaware of the spoiler tag formatting features which partially included in the discord application. Partially means there is some difference in using it from a Desktop app or Mobile app ( Discord desktop app version is more compatible with its feature rather than mobile ) from the below section you can understand it easily.
By spoiler, You can change the way viewers and readers see by Using keyboard commands on your computer or mobile device. Spoiler tags are useful to alert others that you have some important parts in your content. And by a spoiler, it quickly catches people’s attention towards the text.
If you’ve been looking for a way to make a spoiler tag in Discord there are many methods for text and image but I pick some best once use them according to your need which suits you better.
How to Highlight the Spoiler Tag
There are a total of 3 methods to highlight TEXT through Desktop PC or a Laptop and 1 is for IMAGE. But this one is the easiest way to make a spoiler in Discord.
- First of all, Type a message in Discord ( Working in all format text channel, a Direct Message, or a Group Chat )
- Now by mouse Right-click and select the part of your message that you want to mark as a spoiler.
- A Formatting bar appears directly above the chosen text.
- In the bar, there is Small Eye Icon Click on that.
- As you click that part of Your text is completely marked as a spoiler.
- Just press the Enter key and send your message with a spoiler tag.
The Marked section of your text will be blacked out With spoiler tags, you can also mark individual parts of messages or the entire message as a spoiler. After clicking the blacked-out section the underneath message will appear for each viewer.
How to Spoiler on Discord by using Markdown Command
Often people use Markdown syntax which is addicted to discord because of user-friendly commands. These commands are a solution for all the format of text which is limited by discord. Recently I posted an article about it. By this, you can present your text in different formats like bold, italic, underline, strikethrough by using some symbols. Same as it is you can use Markdown for the spoiler in discord There are two ways to see how it works.
- By Markdown Syntax – The code is very simple for example your text is “How to Spoiler on Discord” So what you need to do is just cover the text like
||How to Spoiler on Discord||
That’s it. make sure to wrap it on both sides before and after your text and press enter Discord will mark that text as a spoiler.
- Using the /spoiler function in chatbox – This one is more simple than the above one you just need to add “/spoiler” at the starting or before any message like
/spoiler How to Spoiler on Discord
Just enter and you are done. Though the drawback is It doesn’t work for some world of the sentence this slash command will mark your whole text as a spoiler.
Both are the fastest way to mark your message as a spoiler Discord Markdown even enables Discord users to indicate a “spoiler alert!”.
Here are some other common markdown commands you can use to formatting your text in a different font in Discord. Reddit also supports markdown so you should use there also
- Italic: _text_ or *text*
- Bold: **text**
- Underline: __text__ [use _ twice]
- S̶t̶r̶i̶k̶e̶t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶: ~~t̶e̶x̶t̶~~
- Quote: >text
- Both Bold & Italic at a time use: ***text***
How to Spoiler on Images or Videos in Discord Through Desktop
Marking images as a spoiler via the Discord’s desktop client for Windows, macOS, and Linux is very easy as compared to mobile and It’s fairly possible to the spoiler on images or video. What you do is just follow rules.
- At first, open up the Discord app message box.
- Touch the plus icon which is left of the message box.
- As you click A file explorer open, Now just select an image/video to send.
- Selected it and pressed enter.
- At last, Discord will ask you if you want to mark as a spoiler.
- Mark that and click on the upload button.
Now your image/video content will be shown as fully blurred and the word “SPOILER” will be written on it. When someone tapping on that original content will appear automatically.
How to Spoiler on Discord Mobile app (Android & iOS)
Attaching a spoiler tag to text on the Discord mobile app is extremely easy. But adding a spoiler tag to images or videos is somehow complex.
For Apple iOS
- Type a message in Discord.
- Select the part of the text you want to mark as a spoiler.
- A small bar appears directly above the selected text.
- Tap on the Right arrow.
- Tap on “Mark as spoiler“.
Done press enter and send your message. Your text will be shown now as a spoiler for others.
For Android Devices
Discord android app doesn’t have the feature of the formatting bar like iOS. So you need to do it manually.
This method works on all devices either it is android or iOS even in windows.
What you need to do is again using spoiler markdown commands. Although it might take you some time. But this is the only way for google android as of now.
For example, if your keyword is ” Discord Spoiler Tag ” Then you should type in a keyboard like
||Discord Spoiler Tag||
By covering both sides with this double symbol will give you the result as a spoiler text highlighting in discord with any devices.
How to Spoiler Images or Videos on Discord Through Mobile app (Android/iOS)
Alright, this is the last part of my post I take it at last because there is no option to do it via the Discord mobile app directly. Every time you need to use the keyboard for each Image or video.
What you need to do is before uploading the content file you rename it with “SPOILER_” like your file name is Discord then you should write it like SPOILER_Discord
By this your image or video goes automatically spoiler and when you upload it’s shown to your viewer as blurred Unless the tap on it.