After the evolution of online streaming services, everyone loves to watch movies, web series, TV shows, and much more on streaming apps. But still, some of the users get confused about whether to pay for subscription and cable TVs also? Those users will wonder when they hear that they can now watch all their local and international channels on their streaming apps. Yes, you heard right now you can enjoy your cable TV channel on streaming apps also. Today, we will see how to install the DirecTV on Firestick.
DirecTV is one of the best streaming apps, which offers you a wide range of entertainment of hundreds of live TV channels, movies, web series, TV shows, and more. It also comes with a lot of premium content for your device. DirecTV supports all major platforms like Windows, Mac, Android, IOS, and your Firestick device. It needs an internet or Wi-Fi connection to provide you the best content. DirecTV is a subscription-based streaming service that costs lower than other streaming apps.
Features of DirecTV
DirecTV has many features to enjoy the best viewing experience. It’s a subscription-based streaming service that provides you the best collection of movies, TV shows, and much more. Hundreds of live TV local and international channels get you rid out of cable TV. Lower subscription price makes it more affordable. If you don’t want to continue your subscription plan, you can cancel it anytime.
How to install DirecTV on Firestick?
Installation of any app in Firestick is not much compact. You can easily download any app from Amazon App Store. DirecTV app is also available on the Amazon App Store. So the installation process is much simpler. Here is how to install DirecTV on Firestick.
· For Old Firestick device
- Boot up your Firestick home screen and navigate to the Search or Magnifying lens icon. Mostly to the left side.
- Now type the DirecTV NOW (AT&T TV NOW).
- From the search results, select the first app.
- On the next screen, select the Get button to start downloading.
- Now the downloading will start, and wait to finish it.
- Once the downloading will complete, select the Open button to launch the app.
- That’s it! You have successfully installed your app.
· For the New Firestick device
- Boot up your new Firestick home screen and select the Find tab.
- From the options below, select the Search option.
- After that, type the DirectTV NOW (AT&T TV NOW) on the search bar.
- From the search results, select the first app under the Apps and Gaming section.
- On the next apps description page, select the Get button to start downloading the app.
- Wait to finish downloading and click on the Open button to launch the app.
- That’s it!
Steps to sideload DirecTV on Firestick?
If you are unable to install the DirecTV app from the Amazon App Store, you can sideload it on your Firestick. Sideloading the app on Firestick is also easy. There are only a few steps to install the DirecTV app. You have to make some changes to sideload the DirecTV app. Here is how to do it.
Enable Apps from Unknown Sources
To sideload the app on Firestick, we need to enable Apps from Unknown Sources. This setting allows you to install any app from APK files. Android OS only install verified apps from the Google Playstore while the Firestick devices install only from Amazon App Store.
- Boot up your Firestick home screen and navigate to the Settings tab.
- On the settings page, select the My Fire TV menu.
- Now select the Developer options to go to the advanced setting.
- Finally, choose the Apps from Unknown sources to enable them.
- New Firestick users will navigate to the three horizontal dots on the home screen.
- Now, click on the Devices.
- In the Devices options, click on the Developers option.
- After that, click on the ADB Debugging.
- Finally, click on the Apps from Unknown Sources.
After enabling the Apps from Unknown Sources settings, install the Downloader app by navigating the search option. Once it is installed, follow to below steps.
- Launch the external downloader app that is Downloader.
- On the home screen of the Downloader app, you will find the search bar. Paste the following link to the search bar. (bit.ly/Directv-app)
- As it is a direct download link for the DirecTV app, so it will automatically start downloading.
- Once the downloading is successful, select the Install button.
- It will ask to accept the permissions, accept and select the Done button to finish the installation.
- You can now find your DirecTV app on the Application manager.
An alternate way to install DirecTV on Firestick
If both above guides fail to install DirecTV on Firestick, you can try this way to download it. This way is the same as the above guide which I told you. We will install ES Explorer to install DirecTV on our Firestick. As we did in the previous section, we will do the same here. So let’s go for it.
- First, install the ES Explorer app from the Amazon App Store.
- After installing it, launch the ES Explorer app.
- On the homepage of ES Explorer, select the Download icon.
- Now click on the Add ( add (+) ) button. To download the DirecTV app, paste this link in the search bar(https://bit.ly/2XGsHoz). It will ask you to download, select the Download button.
- Once the download gets finished, click on the Next button.
- It will ask you to accept the permissions, accept them by hitting on Install button.
- Wait to finish installing. Click on the Open button after the app is installed successfully.
Linking the firestick with DirecTV is a very straightforward process. You can download it directly from the amazon app store by searching DirecTV NOW (AT&T TV NOW). But if the app doesn’t show in your country. Then you can sideload it by allowing some permissions. So in this article, we briefly discussed about how to install DirecTV on Firestick. We cover the three methods to install DirecTV on FireTV. The first way is by using the Amazon App Store. The second way is by sideloading DirecTV on Firestick using the Downloader app. And the third way is by sideloading DirecTV on Firestick using the ES Explorer app. Use which is comfortable for you. Also, Use the VPN services if you are using them from outside of the US region.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Is DirecTV is legal?
Answer: Yes, DirecTV is a legal app to stream all your local and international channels with online content. It is available free to download on Amazon App Store.
Question: Can I stream content on DirecTV non-stop?
Answer: Yes, DirecTV provides your thousands of content to stream online. You can watch your favorite movies, shows, and TV shows from DirecTV’s library.
Question: DirecTV app showing an error?
Answer: DirecTV app is not available across the globe. It is available for the specific region only. If you are living in the US, you can easily access it. But not from the other countries. If you still want to use this app, please use the best VPN that provides you a US IP address.