Hulu is a great on-demand streaming app to watch the latest movies, TV shows, web series, and live TV. Hulu provides over 850000 contents to watch on the internet. The affordable subscription plan makes it more different from the competitors. Hulu offers 65+ American entertainment, news, sports, and other channels. But users are disappointed because Hulu works only in the US. I know we can use it by sideloading but then we face Hulu app not working properly types of error. But don’t worry we know how to overcome it. So today we will discuss in deep about how to fix the Hulu app not working on Firestick.
Everyone wants to chill out with friends and family for a weekend to spend the best time with all. Sometimes you are hanging with them and watching Hulu and suddenly you see the error when you open Hulu on Firestick. It might be the cause of your internet connection issue, Or Hulu’s server down, other devices hogging data, outdated FireOS, lack of storage space, Hulu app glitches, or using an outdated Hulu app. These may be the possible reasons to stop Hulu from working. There are many solutions to fix these issues on our Firestick. We will cover all the possible solutions to overcome these issues on the Hulu app. Let us see how to stabilize this problem.
Solutions for Hulu app not working on Firestick
You can see the many errors while using it on Firestick. We are mentioning all the possible solutions to fix the Hulu app, not working issues. Let’s see what are the possible errors and solutions, which works for you. Read all the points carefully and apply what you think, creating an error on your device.
#1. Check for internet connection
The Hulu app needs to have a fast and stable internet connection to run seamlessly. If there is an issue with Wi-Fi, then it will throw an error while running. So, when you face Hulu not working, first check your internet connection. Hulu recommends the following minimum internet speed to give a steady and top-notch viewing experience.
- 3Mbps for Hulu’s Streaming Library
- 8Mbps for live streams
- 16Mbps for 4K videos
If the above-recommended requirements meet, then it will not give you an error.
The more you can do to find out your Internet Speed and try the basic troubleshooting methods:
#2. Run a speed test
To check your internet speed, you may run a speed test. Here is how to do it.
- From the home screen of your Firestick, navigate to the search icon or magnifying lens.
- Now type the Internet Speed Test App on the search bar.
- On the search app, click on the Get
- Once it is installed, select the Open
- Now select the Start Test to get the speed test result.
#3. Restart Your Router
Try to restart your router if you are facing an internet issue. Here is how to do it.
- Turn off the switch and unplug the router.
- Re-plug and Turn on the router switch.
- Wait until the router’s indicator lights to be stable. If the indicator lights keep blinking, it may possible there’s an internet issue with the Wi-Fi network.
- Wait until the internet connection gets better, and again try running the Hulu app.
#4. Disconnect all your devices on your Wi-Fi network
If there are too many devices connected to your router network, it could strain your network connection. Try to disconnect all other devices from your router and see the error is resolved or not.
#5. Restart your FireStick
Rebooting can resolve many problems including, the Hulu app not working. Here how you can do it.
- First Unplug the Firestick connections from the HDMI port and the power source.
- Plug them back and see the error is resolved or not.
1. Restart Firestick using Remote
If you want to restart your Firestick using remote, follow the below steps.
- On your remote, press and hold the PLAY/PAUSE button and SELECT button at the same time until the Firestick starts powering OFF and then ON.
- Re-run the Hulu app and check for errors.
#6. Update the Hulu app
If you are sure your internet speed meets Hulu’s recommended speed, make sure you are using the latest version of the Hulu app. The older versions of applications may throw an error. Here is how to update Hulu on Firestick.
- Go to the Settings options on the Firestick home screen. For the newer Firestick, select the three horizontal dots.
- Now select the Applications option. In the newer Firestick, it is named Apps.
- Now select the Manage Installed Applications and select the Hulu app. If there is an update for the Hulu app, select the Update
- In the new Firestick, select the Hulu app and press the three horizontal lines on the Firestick remote. Now select the Options and click on the Update
#7. Ensure the FireOS is up-to-date
If the above guides failed to work, check your FireOS is updated or not. Normally, the FireOS updates itself automatically, but you can also update it manually. Here is how to do it:-
- Select the Settings on the Firestick home screen.
- Go to the My Fire TV.
- Now select the About
- Select the Check for Updates. If there is an update for your Firestick OS, it will update it.
#8. Clear Cache Memory
If you are using the Hulu app for a while, it might lead to more cache on your device. Which might lead to a lack of storage on the device. Clearing the cache will not remove any login information and settings. Here is how to do it.
- Open the Settings option from the home screen.
- Select the Applications on the next screen and then select Manage Installed Applications.
- Now click on the Hulu app and select Clear Cache.
#9. Clear Data
Clearing the data will remove everything on the application like login info, settings, etc. It will reset the Hulu app to the default factory setting. Here how to clear data of the Hulu app on Firestick.
- Select the Settings and go to Applications.
- Now select the Manage Installed Apps and select the Hulu app. Finally, click on the Clear Data.
#10. Uninstall and Reinstall the Hulu
If all the above guides fail to work, then you have the only option to uninstall and reinstall the Hulu app. Here is how you can uninstall the Hulu app.
- Go to Manage Applications and select the Hulu app.
- Now click on the Uninstall
Once uninstalled, search the app again on the home screen and reinstall it. Then see if the error is gone permanently or not.
Hulu is a great platform to watch over favorite content on live streaming. But somehow we all face this type of situation where the app stop working. But for your convenience, We covered almost all the possible ways to fix the Hulu app not working error in Fire TV. We also explain the thing why we losing the internet connection while using the Hulu app. Disconnecting the other highly engage devices from the Wi-Fi network may fix the issue. Plus Updating the Hulu app to the latest version will also work for many people. If it doesn’t then, clearing data, cache memory, uninstalling, and reinstalling the Hulu app with a fresh start can defiantly get you out from this kind of bug.