Firestick is the best device that can convert your standard TV into a smart TV. Smart TV contains so many features that it allows users to install android applications, or connect with Wi-Fi networks, allows streaming online movies, music, share and watch your favorite content on the big screen by casting, and much more. By installing or using pre-installed apps, you can do these things on your Firestick. But there is one limitation. Firesticks come with limited storage space, so we cannot install more applications on our Fire TV. That’s why installing multiple apps is not possible there. So for releasing some storage space, we need to uninstall or delete apps on Firestick.
Uninstalling applications release too much space, as they contain so much data in the application, and that data save to the system. Running out of storage makes our system slower, cannot install more applications, unresponsive applications, and much more. You will never want to get stuck into that. Today we will see how to delete apps on Firestick. Fire OS is easy to handle for installing and uninstalling the apps. There are many ways to uninstall an app from Fire OS. We will discuss it all one by one.
What is deleting an app from firestick?
Deleting an application from Firestick is nothing but removing the unwanted application. Everyone loves to stream movies, TV shows, web series, and other videos online. Keeping it in mind, Firestick manufacturers are also providing some pre-installed streaming apps like Netflix, Prime, Disney+, and others with Firestick. Most of the time, we usually use only a few apps, not all. And we also want to install our favorite apps to the Firestick. But it is not possible because of a low storage device. So, deleting unwanted or no longer used apps is best to release storage space.
Why Should we need to delete/uninstall the firestick app?
As we already said, to release storage space, we usually delete an application from the system that is no longer use. Sometimes deleting an app can fix the unresponsive, crashing the app. If the storage gets more in the application, it will start malfunctioning. So uninstall that app. If the app is no longer in use, delete it to free up more space for other apps.
How to delete the app from Firestick?
There are three common ways to delete the app from Firestick. We will discuss all of them one by one. Amazon Firestick provides a convenient way to delete an app from Firestick. Anyone can easily follow the steps to delete it. We will discuss deleting an app for both the new and old Firesticks such as Fire TV Stick Lite, 3rd Gen Fire TV Stick, Firestick 4K, Fire TVs, 2nd Gen Firestick, and 1st Gen Fire Cube. Follow the steps below.
For newer firestick interface
This guide for the new interface of Firestick
- Boot up your Firestick home screen and navigate to the Gear or Settings icon.
2. Now click on Applications.
3. On the next page, click on Managed Installed Applications.
4. Now select the app that you want to install the app and click on it.
5. On the next page, click on Uninstall.
6. On the next prompt, click Uninstall again.
7. That’s it! Your app will successfully get deleted.
For Old Fire TV Interface
- Boot up the Firestick home screen and navigate to the Settings tab.
- Now scroll to the right and click on Applications.
- On the next page, click on Manage Installed Applications.
- You will find all your installed apps there. Select the app that you want to delete and click on it.
- Now click on Uninstall.
- Click Uninstall again if a prompt message appears.
- That’s it.
Delete App Using Short keys
If you want to delete an app using short keys, then follow the below steps.
- Pick your Firestick remote, press, and hold down the Home button key. From the shortcut menu, select the Apps.
2. You will find all your installed apps on the next page. If you don’t see your app, expand the All Your Apps section.
3. Now select the app that you want to delete. Now press the three horizontal buttons on the remote or Options button.
4. On the options menu, scroll down and select Uninstall.
5. On the confirmation message, click Uninstall again.
6. That’s it! Your app will successfully get deleted.
Delete Apps using File Manager
You can also delete apps using file managers such as ES File Explorer, X-Plore Fire Manager, or more. These file managers are helpful to delete files as well as applications. The best from deleting an app using file manager is you can delete multiple apps at once. So no need to select one by one and uninstall them. Follow the below steps to install the external file managers and delete an app using them. We are using ES File Explorer in this section.
- First, we will install the ES File Explorer app.
- Navigate to the Search icon and Type ES File Explorer on the search bar.
- From the search result, click on the ES File Explorer.
- On the description page, click on Get/Download button.
- That’s it!
You have successfully installed the ES File Explorer app. Follow the below steps to delete single or multiple apps.
- Launch the ES File Explorer from the Apps section.
2. From the left side pane menu, expand Local by clicking on the down arrow next to it.
3. Now select the Library from the expanded menu.
4. On the Library section, scroll down and select APP.
5. It will show you all the installed applications on your device.
6. Now select an app that you want to delete. In the app you chose, a green checkmark will appear that.
7. From the bottom menu, click on Uninstall option.
8. Click Ok on the confirmation dialog.
9. That’s it! You will see your selected app is no longer appear.
10. To select multiple apps from the ES File Explorer, choose the apps you did for a single app. And then click on Uninstall from the bottom menu.
11. Click Ok on the confirmation page. It will remove all your selected apps.
So this is all about how to delete/uninstall apps from Firestick. We discussed why you should delete an app. Sometimes it’s necessary to delete particular apps if it doesn’t work properly then deleting & install it again is the best solution for that. The possible reason is to free up the device’s space. Here we mentioned three ways to delete applications from our Firestick device. First, using the built-in Firestick feature. The second one is, by using Firestick remote shortcut keys, and the third one, by using an external file manager app. According to users, using a file manager is the best way to delete multiple apps.