Eevee is known as the “Evolution” Pokemon in the Pokemon franchise. It is the Pokemon that yields your party the highest potential in any game. Umbreon is the “Dark” type evolution of Eevee which is also rated as one of the coolest eevelutions. If you want to get Umbreon on your team in Pokemon Go, this post will guide you.
Here, I will explain the two sure-shot ways to make your Eevee evolve into an Umbreon. This will help you to avoid random evolutions, and you will surely get an Umbreon. Along with this, I will also explain how you can evolve your Eevee into other forms in a set manner.
- How to Get Umbreon/Evolve Eevee to Umbreon in Pokemon Go?
- 1. Rename your Eevee to Tamao
- 2. Make your Eevee your Buddy & Evolve at Night
- How to Get Other Evolutions of Eevee with Surety?
- (i) Evolve Eevee into Flareon, Vaporeon, or Jolteon in Pokemon Go
- (ii) Evolve Eevee into Espeon or Umbreon in Pokemon Go
- (iii) Evolve Eevee into Glaceon or Leafeon in Pokemon Go
- (iv) Evolve Eevee into Sylveon in Pokemon Go
- Final Words
How to Get Umbreon/Evolve Eevee to Umbreon in Pokemon Go?
Umbreon is one of the coolest evolutions of Eevee, introduced in the Johto region. It is a dark-type Pokemon, with Pokedex #197. It is known as the “Moonlight” Pokemon and has a beautiful dark body with rings depicting a full moon. In the core games, Umbreon served as an incredible tank with its high defense and special defense stats. One can easily get an Umbreon by evolving their Eevee at night in them.
However, the method to evolve Eevee into Umbreon in Pokemon Go is a bit different. There are two primary ways through which you can get an Umbreon in Pokemon Go. Both of them involve evolving your Eevee into an Umbreon. There isn’t a way to catch a Wild Umbreon yet. You must find an Eevee and evolve it using special measures.
I’m sharing both methods below. If you don’t have an Umbreon yet, and it is your first time, then the first method will be the simplest and the best for you. But, if you already have an Umbreon in your party and want more, then you’ll have to use the second method.
1. Rename your Eevee to Tamao
The first and the simplest method to get your Eevee to evolve into an Umbreon is to rename it to a special name. When you evolve an Eevee with the default or random names, you will get random evolutions. However, when you evolve an Eevee with a special name, you will get a specific evolution related to that name. But, this trick works only once for a player.
If you haven’t evolved your Eevee into an Umbreon yet, just go to your Pokemon collection, select Umbreon, and rename it to “Tamao.” After that, evolve the Eevee like you normally would (giving it 25 Eevee candy). Keeping the name Tamao will make sure that your Eevee evolves into an Umbreon.
2. Make your Eevee your Buddy & Evolve at Night
If you have already tried the “Rename trick” to evolve Eevee into Umbreon, but now want more Umbreons for your party, this is the method you have to use. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Catch an Eevee from the wild (You can skip this step if you already have one).
- Make this Eevee your Buddy.
- Now walk 10 KM with the Eevee as your Buddy to earn two Eevee Candy.
- Evolve this Eevee at night (from 8 PM to 8 AM) using Eevee Candy while still keeping it your Buddy.
That’s it. Your Eevee will evolve into an Umbreon on evolution. It won’t evolve into any random Eevee evolutions if you have done everything right. You can get as many Umbreons as you want using this method.
How to Get Other Evolutions of Eevee with Surety?
Now that you have got an Umbreon, you shall aim at getting other Eevee evolutions a part of your collection. It is actually possible to get every Eeveelution in Pokemon Go, including Sylveon. I’m explaining the tricks to get all of them below. Using them, you can create a complete party of the cute foxes.
(i) Evolve Eevee into Flareon, Vaporeon, or Jolteon in Pokemon Go
Flareon, Vaporeon, and Jolteon are the first three evolutions of Eevee introduced in the Kanto region. They were among the first 150 OG Pokemon of the whole franchise. In the core games as well as the anime, Eevee evolved into these forms using evolution stones. However, the stones are not available in Pokemon Go.
But don’t worry, you can still evolve your Eevee into a Flareon, Vaporeon, or a Jolteon in Pokemon Go. You can use the same “Name trick” for this.
- Flareon: To get a Flareon, rename your Eevee to “Pyro” and evolve it. This way you can get a Flareon in Pokemon Go.
- Vaporeon: To get a Vaporeon, rename your Eevee to “Rainer” and evolve it. This way you can get a Vaporeon in Pokemon Go.
- Jolteon: To get a Jolteon, rename your Eevee to “Sparky” and evolve it. This way you can get a Jolteon in Pokemon Go.
That’s how you can get the Kanto Eeveelutions in Pokemon Go.
(ii) Evolve Eevee into Espeon or Umbreon in Pokemon Go
Espeon and Umbreon are the next evolutions of Eevee introduced in the Johto region. Espeon is a Psychic-type while Umbreon is a Dark-type Pokemon. Both of them are incredibly powerful. You can get Espeon as well as Umbreon with the “Name trick” in Pokemon Go.
- To get an Espeon in Pokemon Go, you have to rename your Eevee to “Sakura” and then evolve it.
- To get an Umbreon in Pokemon Go, you have to rename your Eevee to “Tamao” and then evolve it.
This way you can get both the 2nd Generation Eevee evolutions in your party.
(iii) Evolve Eevee into Glaceon or Leafeon in Pokemon Go
Glaceon and Leafeon are the evolutionary forms of Eevee introduced in the 4th Generation (Sinnoh region). Glaceon is an Ice-type while Leafeon is a Grass-type Pokemon. Both of them can play any role in your party having balanced stats. You can get a Glaceon or a Leafeon in Pokemon Go using the “Name trick”
- To get a Glaceon in Pokemon Go, rename your Eevee to “Rea” and then evolve it.
- To get a Leafeon in Pokemon Go, rename your Eevee to “Linnea” and then evolve it.
This way you can get both the 4th Generation Eevee evolutions at your party.
(iv) Evolve Eevee into Sylveon in Pokemon Go
Sylveon is the newest evolutionary form of Eevee introduced in the Kalos region (6th Generation). It is a Fairy-type Pokemon having excellent stats. In May 2021, Niantic made Sylveon available in Pokemon Go. You can now evolve your Eevee into a Sylveon using the “Name trick” like the other evolutionary forms of Eevee.
To evolve your Eevee into a Sylveon in Pokemon Go, you just have to rename it to “Kira” and then evolve it. This way you can get the latest Eeveelution at your Pokemon Go party.
Eevee has eight different evolutionary forms, and all of them are great. Umbreon is often the favorite Eevee evolution for a lot of Pokemon Go players. If you are one of them, you can now get as many Umbreons as you want in Pokemon Go. Even if you need other evolutionary forms of Eevee, I have got you covered.
That’s all for this post. I hope it helps you to get your favorite Pokemon. Don’t forget to share why you love Umbreon in the comments section.