If you have an AppleCare plan, you never have to worry about the cost of fixing or repairing your Apple devices. The AppleCare subscription can come as a benefit for its users with huge discounted amounts on product repairs. Despite the advantages that it has, if you are no longer using the Apple device, the AppleCare subscription is of no use. Besides, it makes no sense of paying for the subscription. So, how to cancel AppleCare subscription?
It does seem like a complicated task to many Apple users. However, with this guide, you’ll get some straightforward methods to cancel your AppleCare subscriptions. So, let’s take action now and get the refund asap!!
How To Cancel AppleCare?
There are loads of subscription services available on Apple mobile devices. And one such service is AppleCare. It provides you an added protection and services to every Apple product that you acquire. We agree, it is an added expense to your pocket, but it gives you additional customer services beyond the 90 days time period that Apple provides to its customers.
The AppleCare service covers the hardware malfunction, accidental damages, and much more at the least cost you could imagine. However, if you do not need the subscription plan any further, you can simply cancel the subscription anytime you want. And here are few ways to cancel the AppleCare plans.
1. Cancel AppleCare Using iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
All the iPhone, iPad, and even iPod Touch users can cancel their AppleCare subscription plan without adding any additional app to their device.
Here’s how you can do it.
- Open your iPhone or iPad and launch the Settings app. Tap on the account name at the top of the screen.
- Scroll and select the Subscription tab from the options.
- Here, you will see the list of active subscriptions on your screen. Tap on the AppleCare plan.
- Now, tap Cancel Plan to terminate the plan.
And this way, you know how to cancel Applecare Plan through iPhone. The steps are similar for iPad and iPod Touch users. Also, if you don’t see any Cancel option, the plan is already canceled and won’t renew.
2. Cancel Subscription Through Mac
No longer need the AppleCare coverage on your Mac or Notebook? Here’s how these steps will help you unsubscribe AppleCare plan from your device itself.
- Connect your Mac PC to the Internet and launch your AppStore.
- Click on your Account from the bottom left corner. You can also click on your photo at the bottom sidebar.
- Click on View Information present at the top-right corner.
- Scroll down the list until you find the Subscription section.
- Select Manage.
- Click on Edit that is available beside the AppleCare subscription.
- Next, scroll through the details of the subscription and click on Cancel Subscription.
- Click on Confirm to complete the process.
Note: If your Apple ID is not linked to the AppStore, you will see a Sign in button. Click on it and provide your account credentials to sign in.
3. Cancel AppleCare+ Plan Via iTunes or Music App
If by any chance you do not have access to your iPhone or iPad, you can cancel your AppleCare subscription via the iTunes app on any device. However, make sure that your iTunes app is linked with your Apple ID.
- Launch iTunes on your device and then sign in with your Apple ID credentials.
- Now, head to the Store tab.
- Here, scroll to the bottom of the page and search for the Manage tab. Now, select Account.
- Under the Settings option, go to the Subscription option.
- Next, click on the Manage tab, and from the list of all the active subscription plans search for AppleCare.
- Click on Edit that is available beside the AppleCare option.
- Tap on the Cancel Subscription button and then Confirm the operation on the Confirmation prompt.
After performing these steps click on Done. It will save the changes made. And cancel your AppleCare subscription plan.
4. Canceling AppleCare+ Using Apple Watch
If you are using AppleCare+ on your Apple Watch, you can simply follow these steps to cancel the subscription.
- Launch the AppStore on your Apple Watch.
- Scroll till the end and tap on the Account option available.
- Tap on the Subscriptions.
- Here, search for AppleCare on your subscription list and tap on the AppleCare plan.
- Move to the end of the Subscription details and then tap on Cancel Subscription.
5. Canceling AppleCare By Mail Or Fax
You can even send a written request to cancel your AppleCare. This can be done by sending the request by mail or fax. Make sure you send your Plan Agreement Number and a copy of the original proof of purchase of your AppleCare plan.
- Fax It: 916-405-3973.
- Send Request: AppleCare Administration, P.O. Box 149125, Austin, TX 78714-9125, U.S.
6. Contact Apple Support
It gets a little tough if you have already paid for your AppleCare subscription plan. The best step to take in such a scenario is to contact Apple Support to proceed with the cancellation process. However, you need to have the Applecare agreement number, original sales receipt, and the serial number of your device for this process.
That’s all for this post. Now, you know exactly how to cancel AppleCare. However, we would like to inform you that Apple charges a cancellation price for terminating their services. It’s like a penalty for canceling the subscription. So, be sure if you want to cancel the subscription or not. If you have made up your mind, get your serial number and AppleCare agreement number ready. Also, calculate your refund beforehand and then proceed with the steps mentioned above.