Hey, gamer! Are you tired of looking for an answer to “how to connect Xbox one controller to PC? Well, you are at the right place, as we show you multiple methods on How you can easily connect your Xbox One controller to Windows PC.
Microsoft’s Xbox one is the direct competitor of Sony PlayStation 4, Xbox One is amongst the most demanded gaming consoles around the world. It provides the user with high-end gaming performance and experience, the powerful gaming console of Xbox one helps in rendering the games up to 60fps. Apart from the gaming experience, an Xbox user enjoys, and many features and facilities provided complimentary by Microsoft. One plus point that an Xbox user enjoys is that its controller can be connected to a PC, which cannot be done on PS4 (atleast not directly).
In case your Xbox stops working, you can still enjoy playing your favorite game on your PC, with the help of the Xbox one controller. I will mention three methods on how to connect Xbox one controller to PC. You can follow the one most suitable for you. So without wasting time any further let us get to the main subject.
How to Connect Xbox One Controller to PC?
Are you tired of playing games on your computer using a keyboard and mouse, then why don’t you use your Xbox controller? Playing a computer game with an Xbox one controller gives an amazing feeling. To experience this, you need to know how to connect the Xbox One controller to the computer. But wait before getting to the main methods let me tell you that only the new model Xbox controller can be connected to a PC, you cannot connect the old model controller.
Let me quickly differentiate the old and the new type of Xbox controller for you; in the old model of controller, the top part of the body near the Xbox logo is separated from the main body, whereas in the new type of controller the edge is perfectly molded. Now you know the difference between the old and the new type of controller, let us go to the main methods.
Method 1: Connect Xbox controller to PC using Bluetooth
Nowadays, the Xbox One comes with an inbuilt Bluetooth device, Bluetooth helps to connect the Xbox controller with the console wirelessly with the help of Bluetooth. It enhances the gaming experience of the user as the person is not restricted by the length of the wire. Hence it can play and enjoy the game from their comfort zone. The same is the case with PCs; you can connect your Xbox controller to the computer wirelessly with the help of Bluetooth. You can follow the steps below to know how it will be done.
- Put the batteries in your Xbox controller.
- In the search bar of your computer’s desktop, search for Bluetooth.
- Click on the first result and then click on “Add Bluetooth or other device” options.
- Now turn on the Xbox controller and press the sync button on the top.
- Once you press the sync button on the controller, the name of the Xbox controller will show up on the computer screen.
- When you click on the Xbox controller on the screen, your controller will get connected to your PC, and you are ready to enjoy your favorite game.
- It is simple to connect the Xbox one controller to the computer wirelessly with the help of this method.
- There is no wire bondage, one can enjoy playing the game with the controller at their comfort zone.
Method 2: Connect Using USB Cable
Many times we cannot connect our Xbox controller wirelessly to the PC with the help of Bluetooth, this can be either due to the malfunctioning of Bluetooth of the controller or a problem with the Bluetooth of your computer. Don’t be sad; you can still enjoy playing your favorite computer game with the help of an Xbox controller; in such case, you can use the USB cable you got with your controller. Playing games with a wired controller can be quite weird, but it will be way better than playing with a keyboard and a mouse. You can follow the procedure below to get help in connecting the Xbox One controller to the PC with the USB cable.
- Connect the micro USB end (small end) of the cable to the Xbox one controller.
- Connect the USB end (big end) of the cable to your computer.
- After connecting both the ends properly, press the on the button of the Xbox controller.
- Once your controller is turned on, it will get connected to the PC automatically.
Note – The method mentioned above is for the Windows 10 in other versions of Windows you may need a proper Internet connection with the help of which computer will download the driver for the controller. In Windows 10, the controller will get connected in no time, whereas in other versions of Windows, it may take a minute or two.
- With the help of this method, you can connect the Xbox controller to the PC even if the Bluetooth of either of two is not working properly.
- It is one of the easiest methods to connect the Xbox One controller to the computer.
Method 3: Use Xbox Wireless Adapter
Sometimes a user cannot connect their Xbox controller to their PC wirelessly either due to the malfunctioning of Bluetooth on PC or of the Xbox controller. And playing games with a wired controller is not in fashion anymore and will affect the gaming experience. Moreover, it is very unusual to play games with a wired controller nowadays. In such a case, you can try a device called Xbox wireless adapter, with the help of which you can easily connect your Xbox controller to your PC wirelessly without using Bluetooth. Follow my steps mentioned below to know how to connect Xbox one controller to PC wirelessly without Bluetooth.
- Connect the Xbox wireless adapter to the USB slot of your computer.
- Once inserted in the slot, the adapter will download the driver files itself.
- After driver files are installed on your computer, hold the power button on the USB adapter.
- Now turn on your Xbox controller and press the sync button on the top.
- Once you press the sync button, the controller will get connected to the computer wirelessly.
Note – The latest Microsoft computers have an inbuilt Xbox wireless adapter, but if you are using an older computer, then you need a physical adapter device that you can easily buy online or offline.
- With the help of this method, you can connect your Xbox controller to your PC wirelessly even if the Bluetooth of your computer or controller is not working.
- Microsoft Xbox Adapter can be used to connect the controller even to the PCs that do not have inbuilt Bluetooth.
Playing games on PC with keyboard and mouse can be quite annoying, you can enhance your gaming experience on PC with a controller. If you have an Xbox One controller, then you can use it to play games on your computer, the experience of playing games with an Xbox controller is amazing. I hope the methods will help you connect the controller to your PC.
If you have any doubts or queries related to the subject you can ask me down in the comment section.