Razer Synapse is an essential utility when you are using Razer Peripherals on your gaming PC. However, when Razer Synapse is not opening, not loading, or crashing on launch, the situation gets pretty rough. You will not be able to use its incredible features and your potential will be hindered. Don’t worry, I’ll help you solve this problem.
In this post, I will explain how to fix the Razer Synapse crashing or freezing issue within a few minutes. After that, you’ll be able to enjoy your favorite game with properly customized settings. If your Razer Synapse won’t open or crashes on launch, this post is specifically written for you.
What is the Razer Synapse Not Opening/Crashing Issue?
Razer is a widely popular gaming hardware manufacturer. It is one of the most preferred brands by professional as well as amateur gamers. Razer Synapse is a cloud-based unified configuration tool by Razer that allows its users to configure and customize their Razer devices. These devices include Razer gaming keyboards, mice, headsets, and any other Razer device.
Razer Synapse helps you to rebind controls or assign macros to the peripherals in order to save all your settings to the cloud automatically. All of this helps you to enjoy the game in a more organized and smoother fashion. However, sometimes Razer Synapse stops working properly. It fails to open and starts crashing continuously.
This issue may appear on any version of the software, whether it is Razer Synapse 2 or 3. Nonetheless, it ruins all the fun and messes with your mind. But luckily, you can fix this issue on your own.
Why is your Razer Synapse Not Opening or Crashing?
There can be multiple causes for the crashing of Razer Synapse 2.0 or 3 on your PC. Thus, it’d be pretty difficult to figure out the exact cause. It could be anything from a software bug to a hardware issue, and even your antivirus blocking the app. If the Razer Synapse won’t open on your computer, the reason could be any of the following:
- You didn’t complete the Razer Synapse installation properly.
- There is a problem with the Razer Surround feature.
- The Razer peripheral drivers are outdated or corrupted.
- There is a bug in the Razer Synapse app.
- Your Antivirus or Windows Defender is blocking the app.
- Your PC doesn’t have the latest “.NET Framework” installed.
There can be several other causes but these are the most common ones. Based on these, I’ve found some very accurate solutions to fix this error. All of them are available below.
How to Fix Razer Synapse Not Opening & Crashing?
The good thing is that resolving the Razer Synapse not launching or crashing issue is fairly simple. Knowing the exact cause would make it just like having a piece of cake. Even when you don’t know the cause and feel perplexed, you can try the solutions one by one to eventually fix the error.
If Razer Synapse 2.0 or 3 is not launching properly, crashing, or running abnormally, you just have to try the five solutions available below. Using these will help you to get rid of the trouble.
Note: Before proceeding with the solutions, I’d recommend that you run Razer Synapse as an administrator. This is known to fix the problem most of the time. However, if it still exists, you can continue with the solutions below.
Solution-1: Disable your Antivirus/Windows Defender
Sometimes the Antivirus/Windows Defender and the Firewall of your PC start blocking Razer Synapse. In this case, Razer Synapse will not launch until the antivirus and firewall are active. So, you will have to disable them temporarily to make Razer Synapse work properly. Follow these steps to disable Windows Defender and Firewall:
- Press Windows & I key together to launch the “Settings” app.
- In the Settings window, click on Update & Security.
- Next, click on Windows Defender from the right side.
- Now open Windows Defender Security Center.
- Next, click on Virus & Threat Protection
- Now turn off “Real-Time Protection.”
- Next, go to “Firewall & network protection.”
- Here, turn off “Firewall Protection.”
After that, try launching Razer Synapse and see if it is working fine. If it is, then you know the cause and you have also found a solution.
Solution-2: Close Razer Synapse Processes
A very effective solution to solve this issue is to close all the Razer Synapse processes running in the background before launching the tool. Follow these steps to give it a shot:
- Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE together to open the Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager, go to “Background Processes” under the Processes tab.
- Find all the running Razer Synapse processes here, right-click on them, and choose “End Task.”
- After closing all the Razer Synapse processes, close the Task Manager.
- Finally, run Razer Synapse as an administrator.
That’s it. This issue is known to work for a large number of users.
Solution-3: Disable Razer Surround
The Razer Surround feature is often marked as the cause for this annoying error. A lot of users are able to fix it by simply disabling the feature. You can give it a shot too. Follow these steps:
- Press the Windows & R key together to trigger the Run dialog box.
- Type “appwiz.cpl” in it and hit Enter on the keyboard.
- In the newly opened window, find and select Razer Surround.
- Uninstall it from your PC.
- Restart the computer.
- Now launch Razer Synapse as an administrator.
Solution-4: Perform Clean Installation of Razer Device Drivers
Outdated or corrupted Razer device drivers can also cause this issue. If you are still struggling with the error, I’d recommend that you should perform a clean installation of all the drivers of the Razer peripherals that you are using. Follow these steps to do that:
- Press the Windows & X key together, and then select “Device Manager” from the Power-user menu.
- In the Device Manager, find the Razer devices that you are using, right-click on them, and then choose “Uninstall device.”
- Now unplug the Razer devices from your computer and keep them disconnected for around 5 minutes.
- Next, unplug all the devices back to the computer.
- Wait until Windows installs the latest drivers for all the devices automatically.
- Finally, restart your computer.
That’s it. Now try using Razer Synapse and see if it is working properly.
Solution-5: Re-install Razer Synapse
If you have not fixed the Razer Synapse not launching properly issue yet, the ultimate solution for you is to perform a clean installation of the software. Follow these steps to do that:
- Type “feature” in the Search bar present next to the “Start” button.
- Click on “Apps & features” from the results.
- Here, find and click on Razer Synapse.
- Next, click on Uninstall and wait for the process to complete.
- Now go to the File Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer.
- Here, click on the “View” tab and check the “Hidden items” box.
- Now delete all the files present in this folder.
- Next, navigate to C:\ProgramData\Razer directories, and delete all the files available here.
- After that, restart your computer.
- Now launch a browser and visit the official Razer website.
- Download the latest version of Razer Synapse from here.
- Install it on your PC and then run it.
That’s it. Now you’ll be able to run and use it without any problems.
Razer Synapse is a very important tool for all gamers using Razer peripherals. When it is not working properly, they’ll have a hard time keeping up with their regular gameplay. This is how anyone can solve the Razer Synapse not launching issue within minutes easily.
That’s all for this post. I hope you find this post helpful. Feel free to share your experiences with Razer Synapse in the comments section.