Today, everyone loves to watch, stream movies, TV shows, music, and download them on their device. The benefit of streaming movies, web series online is, it saves you from a storage problem. Downloading the things on the device consumes more storage. And for downloading the files and accessing them from another device, then you will need a hard disk or Pen drive. It is hard to copy every time and paste on another device. What if you can access all your files from another device without using a cable? Yes, you can access your files from another device without using a wire or sharing them with that device. This issue may be FIX by using the Plex app..
The Plex is a client-based server application, which allows you to manage all your photos, music, videos, and other files from another device. If you are using a laptop, mobile device, and a smart TV at your home, you will have some media files there. Now you want to access your laptop files to your smart TV, so you can access them using the Plex app. In simple terms, we can say casting laptop to your Firestick.
What is Plex?
Plex is a free live TV app that provides you to watch all your local and international channels. It also allows users to stream a wide variety of popular movies, TV shows, web series, and much more on their devices. Plex also provides to create a central server to access your external media from the device. Instead of sharing them on a different device, access them using the Plex app.
Features of Plex app
Plex app has so many features to use this app. Plex has a huge variety of movies, web series, TV shows, and much more which you will like to spend your weekend watching them. It also provides you to watch live TV on your Firestick device. Plex app lets you store your favorite movies, TV shows, web series, and videos in one place. You can access them by any device which is connected to that server.
How to install Plex on Firestick?
Plex is officially available for Firestick users. You can now download your Plex app from the Amazon App Store. As it is available on the App Store, so it is easy to download from there. In this section, we will see how to install Plex on Firestick from Amazon App Store. Amazon App Store is easy to download all your favorite applications in one click. Let’s see how to do it.
1. Fire up your Firestick home screen and navigate to the Search icon.
2. Type the Plex on the search bar.
3. On the result page, select the first app from the result.
4. On the app description page, click on the Get If you tried it already, you see the Download button.
5. It will start downloading. Wait to finish it.
6. Now click on the Open button once it is downloaded.
Sideload Plex on Firestick
If the above guide fails to work, try this method to install Plex on Firestick. The above guide will not work if you are living in Geo-restricted countries. Geo-restricted means the content only for the specific country or region. Outside that country or region, you cannot access it. If the above error you are facing, try to sideload the app using a VPN. Here is how to do it.
Few things to keep in mind before we begin, Before going to sideload the Plex app, we need to make some changes in our system and install an external downloader app. Here is how to do it.
Enable Apps from Unknown Sources:
- First, fire up your Firestick home screen and navigate to the Settings
- Now scroll to the right and select My FireStick.
- In that, select Developers Options.
- Now select Apps from Unknown Sources and select Enable.
To install Plex on Firestick, we need the Downloader app to download it. It is an external download app that works as a browser. Here is how to do it.
- Navigate to the search icon on your Firestick home screen and type Downloader in the search bar.
- Now select the first app or see the screenshot below.
- Once you visit the app description page, click on Get/Download button.
- Now it will start downloading and you can launch it from the Apps section once it is downloaded.
The things are ready to go ahead to install Plex on Firestick by sideloading. Follow the below steps.
- Launch the Downloader app on your Firestick.
- On the homepage, it will ask you to enter the URL. Type this URL there. https://firesticklab.com/plex.apk
- After entering the URL, press Go. It will directly start downloading your application.
- Once the file is downloaded, a prompt will appear. Click on the Install button to install it.
- You can find your installed app in the Applications section.
So this is all about how to install Plex on Firestick. We also discussed some information about, what type of features Plex offers and what features you will get when you add it into firestick, and how it works. For a better explanation, We discussed both ways to install Plex on Firestick by using Amazon App Store and Downloader. To use the Downloader app, we also mentioned the things which we care about before installing the app. And the remaining part if you have any questions in mind we covered it in the FAQs section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Is Plex legal?
Answer: Yes, Plex is 100% legal and free to use. It doesn’t promote any pirated content to watch on their app. They purchase content directly from the organization and later enable us to watch on their app. It also allows us to watch content from our Windows or other machines.
Question: Is Plex is free on Firestick?
Answer: You can say it is free to download, not to use without using a paid subscription. Like any other streaming media service, Plex also costs some money to watch the premium content. We can use this app free with our content to watch that is on another machine.
Question: How to download Plex on Firestick?
Answer: Downloading the Plex on Firestick is not that much hard. There are two ways to download it on Firestick. The first way by downloading directly from the Amazon App Store and another way to sideload the app using the Downloader app. Both ways are easy to download and you can find both guides by scrolling up the article.
Question: How to use Plex on Firestick without using the Internet?
Answer: By connecting the devices to the same Wi-Fi device, you can easily use the Plex app. If you are using a server on Windows PC and that device is connected to your Firestick, you can easily access it without having an internet connection.