Discord becomes a more popular instant messaging and VoIP application in the past few years so people want to learn about its incredible features like How to Add Someone on Discord and so many to increase engagement on their channel.
Discord is a fabulous communication platform that’s basically invented for hardcore gamers. You can perform text, voice, and video communications throughout its app which makes Discord a flexible and complete package for the younger generation also for different types of communication.
Generally, people interact and contact each other in Discord is through its servers. Discord servers allow us to communicate in a group via an open or invite-only platform. Many people also like to communicate privately through chat via “Direct Messages” or DMs.
When Discord app opens so by defaults it’s opening the initial “Friends” screen. While someone is added to your friend list Discord allows you to see them and what games they’re playing means you can check your friend’s gaming activity easily.
How to Add Someone on Discord
There are a couple of ways to add a friend in Discord The fastest way to add people to Discord is similar to Twitter & Skype you need to search for your friends using their Discord user ID.
- Navigate your Discord app and Login to your account via the Discord app or Web Version.
- In the main Discord account’s dashboard page, the Choose Friends option, Placed left-hand side of the screen.
- Now The Friends menu should open up towards the right side of your screen.
- From the top bar select, Add Friends Which redirected you to a new window where a large search box will appear.
- From the box search for your friends by their username, also known as a DiscordTag.
- When you find your friend’s ID just Send them a Friend Request and wait for their reply.
Always remember Discord allow Tag which consists of a case-sensitive Word, a hashtag sign ( # ), and finally your friend’s 4-digit unique DiscordTag number it helps you to avoid mistakes. And the combination of username and tag number generate a proper discord tag.
But If you have a Discord Nitro subscription You can change your username at any time in the “My Account” tab of Discord’s settings. You can even change the tag numbers.
How to Add Someone on Discord Server
If the server has been set to public, you can invite anyone to the server, and If you’ve just created a server inviting people to join the conversation or for fast-growing get the invite link so people can find you quickly and be added to the server.
- Open app or web version o Discord and go into the server to which you want to add users.
- Press the server name option to open the drop-down list.
- Now go into the server to which you want to add users.
- In this menu, scroll down a list of your friends and click the Select “Invite People.” button just next to each name.
- Copy the link address and forward it to those who you would like to invite to connect to your server.
If you don’t confirm if the recipient will be ready to get to the link under 24 hours, So tick the box that allows you to “Set this link to nevermore expire mode from the bottom so that the link will always live and won’t expire.
How to Add Someone on Discord via the Mobile app
A lot of people communicate in Discord is by using the Discord mobile app so it’s important to inform you about How to Add Someone on Discord through the Mobile app for iPhone, iPad, and Android models because Discord mobile interface is identical for both. It’s simple you can add new friends directly. just obey the steps.
- Open the Discord app on any phone icon that seems like a white gamepad in a purple circle.
- Enter your friend’s Discord Tag with username its looks like “DiscordTag#0000”.
- Now click on the blue button It will send your friend request to the specified user.
Through Discord Server
- Launch the app and navigate to the desired server by selecting it in the sidebar.
- Tap “Invite Members.”
- If wanted, click the gear icon next to the link and change the default settings and select “Create Link.”
- Touch “Share Link” to select a mobile sharing option or copy and paste the link on the invite box.
TIPS: Alternative option, you can also use the START NEARBY SCANNING key from the bottom and by utilizing Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connection to detect and add Discord new users around you.
How to Customize a Discord Invite
You can add a maximum number of uses for a single Discord invite link by just changing the expiration date of it. So How to Customize Discord Invite Link?
- So you need to click the “Edit Invite Link.” option from the Invite menu.
- In this setting select the first drop-down menu and set the various intervals from 30 minutes to unlimited time.
- And by the second drop-down menu settle how many people can use the link before they expire. This setting allows adding from 0 to an unlimited number of users.
- So lastly click the “Grant Temporary Membership” toggle that’s it.
The main motive of this article is to guide and instruct you about How to Add Someone on Discord using the desktop or mobile app whether its web browser or through the direct app doesn’t matter you can do this immediately via Discord server dashboard. While the Discord app is available for many platforms like Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, and Linux too, So guidance for the web browser version should be enough to tackle the issue.
1.) How do I find a user on discord?
You can search ID on the search bar of discord from the desktop. When you search up the ID, it’ll direct you to all posts from that person.
2.) What is my discord tag?
It is a 4 digit unique id can easily find out in the bottom left of the client or in your Account info under user settings. To get your Discord ID navigate User Settings > Appearance > enable Dev Tools. After that, right-click on your username in chatbox > copy ID.
3.) Why can’t I add friends to My discord?
It is impossible until the user disabled their account And you already know Discord Tags are Case Sensitive so You need to check the spelling and capitalization of words in your friend’s username!
4.) Can I find someone on discord without a number?
You cannot find someone anymore on Discord if you searching without a number or the tag ID.
5.) What can discord friends see?
They can see what games you’re playing at that given moment if you enable history. And it’s only visible on the Discord “Friends” page, which shows you the current statuses of all of your friends.