As writers, we always wish to write articles without any grammar mistakes and errors. So for that, there are many tools available which help you to correct your English grammar. Currently, in the market, there is much software (tools) are available, but majorly people are using Grammarly and ProWriting Aid.
If you are looking for which one is better Grammarly or ProWriting Aid, then you must check below full comparison of both tools. Here we have tried to compare almost everything about Grammarly and ProWriting Aid.
Comparison – Grammarly VS ProWriting Aid.
Grammarly is the world’s best online grammar checker tool. It shows your mistakes and errors while you are writing any content like spelling mistakes, grammar, punctuations, vocabulary, and much more. Grammarly tool is beneficial for students, bloggers, or a writer whose work is to provide content. It will quickly find out your mistakes and underline that word so that you can correct it. It also helps you to change the writing accent. Grammarly also improves your writing style and also suggest you what word/sentence to use.
ProWriting Aid software offers the best grammar and style checking with more in-depth reports. It helps you to improve your writing skills by showing you your mistakes. It has a free version available, and then you can choose the premium version if you like the tool. However, the prices are also reasonable as compared to Grammarly.
Grammarly has a free version with all the basic features. And it has a Premium version with three different plans. Check out the plans:
- The monthly plan of Grammarly is $29 per month.
- The Premium Quarterly plan costs $19 per month (billed one payment of $59.95).
- Annual Plan costs $11 per month (billed one payment of $139.95).
All these three plans offer the same features only pricing is different.
ProWriting Aid has four different premium plans. Check out the pricing of the plans:
- ProWriting, 1-year plan, costs $70
- The 2-year plan costs $100
- 3Year plan costs $140
- And a lifetime plan costs $240
Even this tool has the same features in all the plans; only the pricing of the plans is different.
Before buying, you must use the free version of the app once you are satisfied then go and buy the premium plan.
Both Grammarly and ProWriting Aid are having the same compatibility. You can use it as Browser extension, Desktop app, Online editor and MS Office add on. So compatibility wise there not much to compare but Grammarly has some beta features which are currently not available on ProWriting Aid. In Grammarly Beta version, there is the support of Google Docs add on available.
Grammarly is available for both Web and Desktop version. Check out a few best features of the tool:
- Checks Grammar and spelling mistakes
- Plagiarism checker
- Repetitive words
- Performance Stats
- Suggest style
- Comma Usage
- Word definitions and suggestions
- Personal dictionary
- Plagiarism checker available only in Premium version
- Grammar checker
- Spelling checker
- Shows repeated words
- Detailed explanations
- Visualize Sentence
- Lengths and Variation
- Mac and Windows Support
What is available in the free subscription
The free version of Grammarly can solve 100 types of grammatical errors. It has basic features which are helpful for you. However, the premium version has so many great features.
- ProWriting Aid
Just like Grammarly, Prowriting Aid free version has few basic features only. So, to get all the benefits, you must buy the premium version.
How to use Grammarly?
Using Grammarly is very easy. Just install the tool and add the extension to your browser. Once the tool is added, it will automatically detect your errors while you write the text. You can check whether its working or not by seeing a green colour G at the lower right corner of your text field. Basic errors will be shown in the free version by underlining the words, and you can click on the G and correct all your errors at once.
How to use ProWritingAid?
Using ProWritingAid is simple. First, download the tool and then add it to chrome. It will show you the features of the tool just check it out. Now enable the extension to the chrome. Now start writing your text it will underline the mistakes, and you can click on the particular word and correct it.
Advantages of Grammarly
Grammarly has more positive points than negative. Grammarly is one of the best tools to use. Check out the Advantages of Grammarly.
- The best thing is it won’t waste your time as whenever you write at the same time it underlines the wrong words, so at that time only you can check what is wrong. It does real-time editing.
- It is very easy to use; even a new beginner can easily use it without getting confused.
- If you are writing any new word like your own brand name or anything, you can add that word to dictionary so Grammarly won’t underline that word and say it’s incorrect.
- You can do a quick check
- It is the best learning tool; you can see what is your mistake from the error and then you can avoid repeating those mistakes.
Advantages of ProWritingAid
- It supports both desktop version Mac and Windows
- It contains so many features
- The pricing of the Pro version is very cheap than other tools like Grammarly
- This tool supports More Integrations
- If you want to use this tool forever, then you can buy a lifetime plan
Dis-Advantages of Grammarly
Yes, there are few disadvantages to the tool, and it is important to know what are they. However, these negative points do not affect much to the users.
- The free version is a limited one, and it is suitable for basic errors
- Mac does not support Microsoft Office so it won’t help you to check your mistakes
- There are very few wrong mistakes, but the majority of the errors are correct
- In the free version, there is so much advertisement
Dis-Advantages of ProWriting Aid
- Plagiarism checker is available only for the Premium version
- Does not have a mobile app
- It is slow when you have a large content to edit
In the end, we can say that Grammarly is best in all segments while we compare it to ProWriting Aid. No doubt Grammarly is slightly expensive then all other tools in the market but the outcome which we get from Grammarly is always better than all other tools. Grammarly has so many unique features available that make it almost complete grammar checker tool. So according to us, you should go with Grammarly.