Are you looking for ways to get Garageband for Windows PC? Here is your help. In this post, I will tell you how you can get and use Garageband on your Windows computer. Additionally, I will also tell you about some of the best Garageband alternatives that you can use to produce awesome music.
Full Guide – GarageBand for Windows
Garageband is a popular digital audio workstation (DAW) available for Mac and iOS. It is developed and provided by Apple to its users for free. It is widely used by Apple users to create amazing music and podcasts. However, not everyone is able to afford an Apple device. A lot of Windows users need to use Garageband to master their creations, but Apple doesn’t offer a way to help them. Therefore, I’m presenting here a guide that’ll help you to use Garageband on your Windows computer.
We’ll begin with the 2 Best Methods to get Garageband for Windows.
Method-1: Get Garageband for Windows PC with VMWare Workstation Player.
VMWare Workstation Player is a popular virtualization software for computers running Windows and Linux. It is a freeware, hence anyone can use it without any hesitation. If you are using an Intel-based Windows computer, this method will work the best for you. I will break-down the whole procedure into simple steps that you can easily follow.
Step-1: Enable virtualization from Bios.
The procedure to enable virtualization from Bios varies from machine to machine. The process is something for Asus laptops and the other thing for Acer ones, and so on. You need to google the method of your computer. Basically, you need to visit the BIOS from the startup, find virtualization there which is present under the Advanced tab, and just enable it using the Enter key.
Step-2: Download the macOS Sierra.
Now you have to download macOS Sierra for your Windows PC using the above link.
Step-3: Download and install VMWare Workstation Player.
Download the VMWare Workstation Player for your Windows PC (64-Bit) and install it by clicking on the exe file. Don’t run it right now.
Step-4: Extract macOS Sierra and run win-install.
- Use WinRar to extract the macOS Sierra file.
- Now navigate to the following pathway: macOS Sierra > macOS Sierra 10.12 tools > Final Youtube Folder > unlocker208.
- Find and run win-install as an administrator.
- A command prompt window will pop-up informing you about the changes taking place.
- Grant the required permissions.
Step-5: Run VMWare Workstation Player and use it to install macOS Sierra.
- Run VMWare Workstation Player from the desktop shortcut.
- Click on the ‘Open virtual machine‘ option.
- In the pop-up window, navigate to the following pathway: Sierra > macOS Sierra 10.12 tools > Final Youtube Folder > macOS Sierra folder and choose the OS.
- Now click on ‘Edit virtual machine.’
- Next, choose the number of Processor Cores. For example, choose 4 if your processor is quad-core.
- Now select the amount of RAM you want to dedicate to the VMWare. If you have 8 GB of RAM. then assign 4 GB to this machine. Click on Ok to complete the process.
Step-6: Boot macOS Sierra.
- Once again launch the VMware workstation player.
- Click on Play Virtual Machine.
- It may take around 5 to 10 minutes to load the OS screen.
- Now choose your country from the list and continue.
- Next, choose your language and continue.
- Then choose the option stating ‘Don’t transfer any information now‘ and continue.
- Enable location, or you can also opt to not enable it.
- Create an Apple ID, or sign up using your existing Apple ID if you have one.
- Agree to their ‘Terms & conditions‘ and continue.
- Select ‘Set up later‘ in the iCloud Keychain screen and continue.
- Choose your timezone. Make sure you select the correct one here.
- The process will then finish up in around 10 minutes.
Step-7: Download and use Garageband.
- Visit the App Store.
- Search for Garageband.
- Download and install it.
You can now enjoy Garageband for as long as you want on your Windows PC. This is the best and most effective way to get the best performance from Garageband on a Windows PC.
Method-2: Get Garageband for Windows PC with iPadian.
iPadian is a popular iOS emulator for Windows computers. You can use it to run Garageband on your Windows PC. Follow these steps in order to use the iPadian to run Garageband on your Windows computer.
Step-1: Download and install iPadian for your Windows PC.
Step-2: After the installation, run iPadian.
Step-3: In the iPadian, go to the App Store.
Step-4: Type Garageband in the search bar and hit Enter on the keyboard.
Step-5: Now download the Garageband app from the list of results.
Step-6: Run Garageband in iPadian and use it to create some incredible music.
Remember that this method may not be as effective as the previous one performance-wise. Nonetheless, you can use to get Garageband for Windows.
5 Best Garageband Alternatives
If you don’t want to get in the hassle of setting up Garageband for Windows PC, you can just use a Garageband alternative to fulfill your DAW needs. Here are the 5 Best Garageband alternatives for you to use. You can produce excellent music using these tools as well.
1. Music Maker Jam
Music Maker Jam is a popular free to use music production software for Windows. It has four free music styles, mixing, and mastering features. You can also use your own background images for your tracks through this tool. Some other notable features include remixing tracks by shaking your device and, adjusting tempo and harmonies.
LMMS is a free and simple to use music production software available for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS. It has all the basic and some very advanced features for creating awesome music. LMMS also has an online community page where they annually organize a ‘Best of LMMS’ competition. In terms of a variety of instruments, this one is the best option to use.
3. FL Studio
FL Studio is another well-known music production tool for Windows. It has a very similar interface to LMMS. But, in terms of being user-friendly and simple, FL Studio has an edge over LMMS. The only drawback of using FL Studio is that it isn’t completely free to use. However, if you have no problem with spending money, this is one of the best options to use.
4. Mixcraft 8 Home
If you are new to music production, I’d recommend you use Mixcraft 8 Home to learn everything from scratch. It has some of the best and most required features for music production. The interface of this tool is very easy to understand. It offers a comparable broad selection of loops in an intuitive environment that makes it easy to get up to speed quickly. Also, the live recording feature is also available.
Audiotool.com is a unique online music production portal. They have a cloud-based library with unlimited samples from the community. You can use it to compose some impressive tunes and music, and then directly share it on YouTube, Sound Cloud or Facebook. The best part about using Audiotool is that you don’t have to install any software to use it. You can do everything online in a very simple manner.
So, that’s everything about using Garageband for Windows. You can get Garageband for Windows by using either of the two methods above. Also, you can use your favorite Garageband alternative to produce magnificent music. For ay queries, doubts, or suggestions, feel free to visit the comments section. I hope this post helps you enough.