Samsung TV is an ideal television for all sorts of homes and offices. Users often get habitual of watching stuff on their TV, but there are certain instances when their Samsung TV won’t turn on. This may really frustrate the users. So, it is essential to know how to fix it.
If you relate to the situation and want to know the solution, this post is specially written for you. Here, I will guide you on how to fix the Samsung TV not turning on the issue in some simple steps. This will help you save the money you otherwise would have spent in the service center.
Why does your Samsung TV Won’t Turn On Instantly?
Samsung televisions are great, but they often end up having issues that annoy the users. Samsung TV not turning on is a common issue that a lot of users have faced. The majority of the users end up calling the technician or take their television to the service center. However, it is entirely possible to resolve this issue on your own in the comfort of your home.
When this issue occurs, you will see a black screen on your Samsung TV. This issue could be of three types. The red standby light present at the edge of the TV works as the identifying factor. The red standby light could be either on, off, or blinking depending upon the seriousness of the problem. Under normal conditions, this red standby light is on when the TV is off signifying that the TV is on standby, and it is off when the television is in use.
You need to take a look at this red light to know your situation. Firstly, you have to identify the type of issue you are having by taking a look at this light.
Identify your Situation
If you are having trouble turning on your Samsung television, you will notice a black screen even while trying to turn it on. Along with the black screen, you also have to take a look at the red standby light in order to resolve the issue. The method you need to use to fix the issue depends upon the condition of the red standby light. If you are unaware, it is the little red light present at the edge of the TV that you aim your remote at.
When you’ll see the red standby light, it will be either turned on, off, or blinking. If it is turned on, it means that the power supply is working fine but your TV is having trouble waking up. When it is off, you need to check the power source before moving further. And, if it is blinking, then you can conclude that the television is trying to tell that there is something wrong.
Fix the Samsung TV Won’t Turn On Issue
Now that you have realized the situation in your Samsung television, you can directly jump to the right solution. You need to follow some simple steps in order to resolve the issue. Along with that, we also have a list of general solutions that are known to work for a lot of users. You can try anything that you feel suitable for your instance.
However, if you are unsure, you should not move forward. If your Samsung TV is not turning on and you know nothing about it, then you should simply contact the service center. Their technician will soon visit and fix the problem for you.
When the TV isn’t turning on and the Red standby light is On
When your Samsung TV is not turning on but the standby light is on, you have to do the following:
- Press the power button on the remote of your television. See if the TV turns on.
- If it didn’t, then press the power button on your TV.
Note: The location of the power button of the TV depends upon the model. You can check the user manual if you are unable to find it.
- If the TV turns on by pressing the power button present on TV, you can conclude that the remote is malfunctioning. You can try to fix it by replacing the batteries, pairing it again, or replacing it.
- However, if the TV didn’t turn on even with the power button on the TV, then you need to contact Samsung Support as soon as possible.
This is how you can resolve the issue when the standby light is on but the tv isn’t turning on.
When the TV isn’t turning on and the Red standby light is Off
When your Samsung TV is not turning on and the standby light is off, you have to do the following:
- Press the Menu or Home button on the remote of your TV. If the menu appears, this means that the TV has turned on. Then, you need to fix the black screen issue. You can do that by unplugging and re-plugging the OneConnect Box. And, if you don’t use it, then try unplugging any device (PS4, FireStick, etc).
- If the TV didn’t turn on with this, then try pressing any button except the power button, and see if anything appears on the screen. If anything appears, try fixing the black screen issue by using the same instructions mentioned above.
- When none of these works, try unplugging the TV from the power socket for 30 seconds and then plug it back in. Now try turning it on. You can also try using another power socket as sometimes a malfunctioning socket is a real culprit.
This is how you can resolve the issue when the standby light is off but the tv isn’t turning on.
When the TV isn’t turning on and the Red standby light is Blinking
When the Standby light is blinking, then there is something wrong with your TV. It is your television’s way of informing you about the issue. You can’t fix the problem on your own. You will need professional assistance from either Samsung Support or your local repairman.
Note: You can try general solutions in this situation before contacting the customer support team.
If your TV is under warranty, then you shouldn’t consider any other options for getting it fixed as it will void your warranty. Just contact Samsung’s customer support.
General Solutions for the Samsung TV Won’t Turn On Issue
If you have tried everything else above, then you should consider trying some general solutions that have helped a long list of users. You can try them and hope that something works like charm for you.
- If there is a device like PS3, PS4, etc connected to the HDMI port of your TV, unplug it, and then try turning your TV on. If it does, you can then re-plug it into another port.
- There is a fuse in the TV plug in some models. Sometimes due to malfunctioning electric connection, the fuse may break. Check it, and if it is broken, replace it with a working one.
- Try replacing the power cord of your television.
These are some general solutions that are known to work for many users. If you know some more of them, let us all know in the comments.
Samsung TV sometimes undergoes certain problems and won’t turn on. This is how you can troubleshoot the problem and get it turned on. However, it is essential that you only follow measures that you understand. Or else, you may end up worsening the situation. If you can’t fix it on your own, you can contact the Samsung customer support team. They’ll be glad to help you.
That’s all for this post. I hope you find it helpful. Feel free to use the comment box for any queries or suggestions related to anything written here.