Unintentionally deleted some of your important Facebook messages? Now trying to find out how to recover deleted Facebook messages? Well, the problem is quite common among Facebook users. Especially, after Facebook Messenger has come into the action, things have been more confusing according to my point of view.
The reason is, while replying to a particular message, we just blow our finger right and type, so the recipient can understand that this was the reply to that specific message. And that’s the time when we accidentally delete the messages. The same mistake can take place while forwarding the message or maybe while muting the particular chat.
- What Makes You Want to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages?
- Potential Reasons Why You Lost your Precious Facebook Messages?
- 1. Update of The Facebook Messenger
- 2. Hackers’ Alert
- 3. Accidental Deletion
- How to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages?
- Method 1: Recover Deleted Facebook Messages Via Unarchiving Messages
- For Android/iPhone Devices
- For Desktop
- Method 2: Recover Deleted Facebook Messages from PC
- Method 3: Recover Deleted Facebook Messages on Android with File Explorer
- Method 4: Recover Deleted Facebook Messages on Android via PC
- Method 5: Recover Deleted Facebook Messages on Android & iPhone via Third-Party App
- A Few Potential Facebook Data Recovery Tools
- Well, That’s All…
What Makes You Want to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages?
As we all know, despite being a wonderful connector between you and your close ones, the Facebook messenger is equally important today for official purposes, maybe for marketing or social media authority building. Therefore, the messages or chat history you accidentally delete, not necessarily have to be some random texts from your friends or relatives. It could be some important work messages that you would require later, and they no longer exist. As Facebook enables easier connectivity and ensures faster communication, we mostly prefer to communicate through Facebook.
Or maybe, some messages are too important to be lost forever. In case Facebook is the platform where you and your girl started talking for the first time, the unfortunately deleted messages might cause a crack between you two. As we shift to work again, it could be possible that some of the important requirements from your client were saved in the Messenger chat. And while forwarding them to your other colleagues, you unwillingly delete the messages and lose track of the valuable data. I can’t imagine how the situation would be for you as you would be solely blamed for your company’s loss.
So what do you do to recover deleted Facebook messages? Thankfully, with a bit of intellect, brainstorming, and effort, you certainly can retrieve the lost or deleted messages on Facebook messenger. In case you’re wondering whether you can apply the same trick on the messenger and your Facebook message section both, let me give you the answer, and it should be ‘yes, for both’.
Potential Reasons Why You Lost your Precious Facebook Messages?
We understand that you would have never deleted the messages intentionally on your own, but somehow it just happened. I’m hereby trying to figure out the possible reasons for their deletion. So let’s go ahead and find out the reasons behind your trouble. So you can avoid the consequences later by being more active and cunning.
1. Update of The Facebook Messenger
As technology keeps evolving, all the apps notify their users regarding the latest update releases. Facebook messenger is also one of them releasing new updates after every interval. Even after updating the messenger, all the chats and messages remain saved and intact. If you’re unlucky enough, you’ll probably lose track of some of your messages or chats after updating messenger. So this could be case no.1 for losing Facebook messages.
2. Hackers’ Alert
Hackers are everywhere, and especially when it comes to the Facebook platform, hackers are even more active for the profiles created for business purposes. Some of the quotations sent from the clients’ ends or some essential instructions can be the targeted areas of the hackers. In that case, they hack your Facebook profile and delete those important messages never to let your business complete its goals. And this is your case no.2, which is quite a terrible one.
3. Accidental Deletion
As I already mentioned earlier, most of the time, we unintentionally remove Facebook messages with our own fingers. For example, while forwarding a message, we unwillingly click the ‘Delete’ option. Or, maybe, you just wanted to mute the notification, press and hold the chat, and mistakenly hit the Delete icon. Though you didn’t want to lose any of your essential Facebook data, you lose it anyway, and now you’re here to find ways to recover deleted Facebook messages.
How to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages?
Now that you’re aware of the potential reasons for Facebook message deletion, here are some effective ways to retrieve those. Go through the following methods with the step-by-step guidelines to restore your lost/deleted Facebook messages.
Method 1: Recover Deleted Facebook Messages Via Unarchiving Messages
“Matter is neither created nor Destroyed”, –
The famous line introduced to the world seems totally applicable to the Facebook messenger as well. And the good news behind such proverb is, there might be a possibility that you haven’t deleted the messages, you have probably just archived it. The reason is, there is an “Archive” option right above the “Delete” button. Therefore, the possibility is pretty high for your messages being archived and not deleted.
Let me assure you that even archived messages don’t appear in your recent conversation section. However, they’re certainly not deleted permanently. So ensuring your doubt by exploring the Archived Messages Folder can bring higher chances for you to retrieve your important Facebook messages.
For Android/iPhone Devices
Follow these steps one-by-one and retrieve the deleted or lost messages from the Facebook messenger:
- Open the Facebook app on your smartphone and login with your account credentials.
- Navigate to the search bar and find out the conversation you lost.
- As soon as you find the desired conversation, sending another text to the recipient will bring back all your archived conversations.
In order to recover deleted Facebook messages, go through the following steps on your desktop.
- Open Facebook Messenger on your desktop.
- Open the Message section.
- Select the ‘gear’ icon.
- Press the ‘Hidden Chats’ button.
- A list of archived messages will open on your desktop.
Note: One important information you must remember is, Facebook always retrieves your deleted messages up to 90 days. In case you’re trying to recover messages deleted before 90 days of duration, your chances of restoring these get thinner. In case of any further query, you can undoubtedly visit the Messenger Help Center and seek guidance from the professionals.
Method 2: Recover Deleted Facebook Messages from PC
Fortunately, Facebook also realizes that messages can be deleted accidentally by the users. For this reason, it has crafted a clear and easy way for its users to restore the messages. Go through the steps accordingly on your PC and recover deleted Facebook messages easily with a simple configuration.
- Open Facebook on your web browser and log in to your account with your active credentials.
- Choose Settings and navigate to General Account Settings.
- Look for the option “Your Facebook Information” section on the left panel.
- Hit the “Download your information” button listed under the section.
- As soon as you are redirected to another page, you get options for downloading your valuable messages or data. It comes up on your desktop with a whole set of activities you’ve done since joining Facebook.
- Whichever data you wish to retrieve, put a tick beside the side boxes, and hit the ‘Create file’ button once done.
- On hitting the ‘Create file’ option, Facebook will appear with a pop-up on your screen saying your data download is processing. You’ll receive notification from Facebook as soon as the data is ready to be processed for download.
- Choose the ‘Download’ option to reach your destination and provide your Facebook credentials (ID and Password) for security purposes.
- Facebook will determine your associated email address and send the download link in your mailbox. Hit the “Download Archive” button and bring all your important messages and Facebook data down on your device.
- At last, you have to unzip the folder and choose the ‘Index’ file and select the ‘messages’ option containing all your messages. This you can easily recover deleted Facebook messages on your PC with a few easy steps.
Method 3: Recover Deleted Facebook Messages on Android with File Explorer
Facebook messenger has a wonderful feature called “Off the internet.” This is a clear indication that copies of all your Facebook activities and data get accumulated in your device storage space. Therefore, locating the deleted Facebook messages on your device File Explorer can help you solve your problem.
So here’s a step-by-step guide to uncovering the hidden storage space holding your Facebook account information on your device.
- Launch File Explorer on your Android device and open the Storage/SD Card folder.
- In order to recover all the data regarding all your android applications, choose the ‘Android’ folder.
- Choose ‘Data’, go to ‘Cache’, and open the fb_tmp folder.
The concerned folder carries all the data related to applications. So there can be possibilities that all your Facebook messages are also stored under the folder. As soon as you locate them, you recover deleted Facebook messages easily.
Method 4: Recover Deleted Facebook Messages on Android via PC
In case you’re unable to restore your deleted Facebook messages even after following the steps of Method 3, here I am to help you do that with your PC by accessing your smartphone memory.
- Attach your smartphone via a USB cable to the system and ensure your PC has located the device.
- Get your smartphone from your PC and open ‘SD Card/Internal Storage.’
- Go to ‘Android,’ click on ‘Data’ and choose the ‘com.facebook.orca’ folder.
- Find ‘Cache’ under the ‘com.facebook.orca’ folder and choose the fb_tmp folder.
- Here, you have to navigate to your Facebook messages listed under the folder.
- Thus, you easily recover deleted Facebook messages on your android device by connecting it to your PC.
Method 5: Recover Deleted Facebook Messages on Android & iPhone via Third-Party App
In case you still couldn’t figure out your deleted Facebook messages after applying all the 4 methods from above, taking help from a third-party app should be the right solution for you. A potential third-party Facebook message recovery app helps you retrieve your lost or deleted messages only with a couple of swipes or taps. While brainstorming advanced algorithms, these third-party tools offer an effortless way of recovering your application data.
They work on their own, which cuts down a lot of your time, effort, and tension. Here are a few important features of each third-party Facebook message recovery tool –
- It helps recover almost every type of lost or deleted data.
- It indicates you to recover deleted photos, documents, Facebook messages, videos, and other types.
- Easily supported features in different devices, like – Android, iPhone, Windows, Linux and etc.
- Enables the user to preview before restoring and gives greater control to decide which data to recover and in which folder to keep them.
- Quick solutions with seamless and simple user experience.
A Few Potential Facebook Data Recovery Tools
Here I’ve covered a few options for Facebook data recovery tools. They work wonderfully on recovering deleted Facebook messages and other data. So let’s have a glimpse…
- Steller Data Recovery
- Facebook Messages Recovery Tool 1.5 rar
Well, these were the 5 most popular Facebook data recovery tools. There are many more options on the internet with their unpaid or paid versions. As per your convenience, you can choose any of them and recover your Facebook messages effortlessly.
Tip: Though Facebook has given a hint many times that it might add the un-send feature soon. However, you still cannot un-send a message or delete it from your recipient’s inbox by deleting it from yours. Therefore, if possible, you can always ask your recipient to resend the message if it’s an easier option for you.
Well, That’s All…
So these were the potential methods to recover Facebook messages. I’m sure you’ll get the right solution to your problem by following the methods religiously. However, if you’re still unable to restore your important deleted Facebook messages, you can always seek help from the Facebook Help Center, as they always have a clean backup of all your activities and data. So never lose hope, and let’s hope for the best!