Pinterest is the social networking website that is mostly preferred by creative folks. The content available on the website is very rich in quality. Since the beginning, Pinterest has had a unique and worthy success story. We’ll tell you about that in the form of Pinterest statistics and facts here.
In this post, I will present to you the 50+ most interesting Pinterest Stats & Facts that you must know. Reading these will help you understand it better. So, you can make the most out of it.
Most Interesting Pinterest Statistics & Facts That You Must Read
Pinterest is a popular social networking service where people share their ‘ideas’ via images, GIFs, and videos. It has been on the web for almost 10 years now. And, it has grown to have millions of active users. Pinterest is specifically popular among users who are interested in art and innovations. You can find millions of posts (pins & boards) on the platform having unique ideas and information. The content you can find here isn’t available anywhere else.
We have collected the best Pinterest stats and facts for you. Just go through these and you’ll have a lot of knowledge about Pinterest. You can then utilize it to grow your brand, flex among your friends, or anything else.
Pinterest Stats & Facts About its Origin and Development
Pinterest has written a good story about how it started, developed, and went on to become a success. We’ll take a look at that story in the form of some facts and stats. If you are a budding entrepreneur, you can learn about how you should start and plan your steps.
- Pinterest was created by Ben Silbermann, Paul Sciarra, and Evan Sharp.
- The development of Pinterest started in December 2009. The website launched the prototype as a closed beta in March 2010.
- The founders described Pinterest as a ‘Catalogue of Ideas’ that inspires users to go out and do that thing. The whole network was built around this idea.
- Just after the 9 months of launch, it gained around 10,000 users. Silbermann personally contacted the first 5,000 users, offered his personal phone number and meetings in order to know their experience.
- In March 2011, Pinterest launched an iPhone app. Soon after that, an iPad app and mobile version were also launched. Before then, Pinterest was operating out of a small apartment.
- Pinterest won the Best New Startup of 2011 at the TechCrunch Crunchies Awards.
- In 2012, Pinterest became the fastest independently launched site to reach 10 million unique monthly visitors.
- In October 2012, Pinterest launched business accounts.
- The next year Pinterest began displaying advertisements as ‘Promoted Pins.’
- In 2015, Pinterest introduced the ‘image search’ feature.
- In 2017, Pinterest launched ‘visual search.’ This function allows users to search for elements in images and guide them to similar content.
- By August 2019, Pinterest crossed 300 million monthly active users.
- In March 2020, Pinterest launched the ‘Today’ tab on the home feed. It shows trending pins.
The founders and developers were surely intelligent. The way they planned their every step is absolutely an inspiration for anyone.
Pinterest User and Usage Stats & Facts
Having millions of active users, Pinterest has given rise to some very intriguing users and usage stats. Let’s take a look at them here. This will help you to understand how users like to use Pinterest.
- Pinterest has 340 million monthly active users globally. Their user-base grew by 26% last year.
- It is the third-largest social network in the USA. They have over 79 million users in the USA.
- Every month, Pinterest users make more than 2 billion searches.
- Out of all the searches, 600 million are visual searches.
- Over 200 billion pins are saved to more than four billion boards on Pinterest.
- Around 85% of users access Pinterest via mobile.
- Over 2 million users save shopping pins daily on boards.
- 28% of all social media users are on Pinterest.
- Users spend 15.8 minutes on average for every visit on Pinterest.
These are some user and usage statistics of Pinterest that are worth reading.
Pinterest Demographic Statistics
Pinterest has become a global brand now. It is available in hundreds of countries and over 25 languages. Here are some demographic Pinterest stats that’ll help you understand its reach.
- Pinterest is specifically more popular among females. Two-thirds of its user base is female. Men account for one-third of the total users.
- The countries that use Pinterest the most are the USA (79.43 million), Germany (12.5 million), France (10.75 million), and the UK (10.66 million). Here is a complete chart of the leading countries with Pinterest users.
Picture Credit: Statista.
- More than 55% of the Pinterest users live outside the USA.
- 43% of US internet users have a Pinterest account.
- 52% of the Millenials in the USA use Pinterest actively.
Picture Credit: Oberlo.
- 34% of Pinterest users have age between 18 to 29 years.
- The average age for Pinterest users is 40.
- The majority of the ‘Pins’ on Pinterest are made by users below age 40.
These stats verify that Pinterest is able to reach all sorts of audiences.
Pinterest Marketing & Financial Numbers
Pinterest has seen massive growth in revenue and income in the last couple of years. Take a look at these financial and marketing statistics of the platform.
- The company Pinterest Inc. is based in San Francisco.
- It has a market value of $13.7 billion.
- Pinterest’s revenue for 2019 was $1.14 billion. It grew by 51% from 2018 to 2019.
- Their revenue from shopping ads grew by 100% in 2019.
- Pinterest went public on April 19, 2019. Their shares are priced at $19 IPO.
- Around 28% of the marketers in the USA use Pinterest.
- Around 48% of Pinterest users use it for shopping decisions.
- Pinterest is the 10th most relevant brand in the USA.
- Related Pins get 40% of all engagement on Pinterest.
- 55% of Pinterest users prefer visuals to make shopping decisions.
- Advertisers can target over 175 million users on Pinterest actively.
If you are a brand or a business, you can seriously reap good benefits from the user base on Pinterest.
Pinterest Fun Facts
Here are some fun facts that do not fall into any category. However, you shouldn’t skip them. These are as interesting as any other you have read above.
- Every 8 out of 10 mothers age between 18 to 64 years Min the USA use Pinterest.
- Pinterest gets the most traffic during the end-of-year holidays.
- Global Users find Pinterest as the most positive social networking app. I’m one of them.
- More than 175 billion ideas are available on Pinterest.
- Fashion, Beauty & Apparels are the most popular categories for female users.
- Food, Drinks, and Technology are the most popular categories for male users.
- Art, Hobbies, and Art Supplies is the top category in the USA.
Picture Credit: Statista.
- ‘Self-care’ is the most popular Pinterest trend.
- Pinterest posts have the longest life-span.
It is really fun to sit after a hectic day and scroll through pins on Pinterest.
Pinterest is the underdog of the social networking websites. It hosts amazing content and directs it towards the audience very effectively. It is one of the best platforms for marketers to grow their brand. These are some interesting Pinterest stats and facts that prove the same. If you have any queries or suggestions regarding anything mentioned here, feel free to use the comment box.
That’s all for this post. I hope you find it helpful.