You may have heard the term Jailbreaking somewhere on the internet. Well, it’s the process or removing the OEM lock, which prevents the users from modifying the software. The term Jailbreaking is commonly used for the iOS Devices, but it’s also used for the Nintendo devices.
The Nintendo devices can be jailbroken with ease. But you should be aware of the risks associated with the same. The Nintendo Switch is one of the most popular gaming consoles from Nintendo. This device is easy to jailbreak.
Jailbreaking Nintendo Switch device will definitely give you access to numerous benefits. You can unlock the Nintendo switch and get infinite possibilities and options for modification. In fact, there is a huge community of the people who love to jailbreak Nintendo switch device for their needs.
If you are interested in learning how to jailbreak Nintendo switch device, then you are at the right place. In this post, we are going to share the detailed information on how to jailbreak the Nintendo Switch gaming console. All you have to do is to check out the methods and the steps and do the same with your gaming console for opening all the modding options.
Risks Associated With Jailbreaking Nintendo Switch Device
Jailbreaking is the process of removing the OEM lock from the device. The process is risky, and you should understand the risks associated with the same. Although it’s a safe process, a single mistake will lead to some issues. Here are the common risks associated with Jailbreaking Nintendo Switch device.
- After you Jailbreak Nintendo Switch, you will have to lose the warranty. For the devices that have been Jailbroken, Nintendo does not provide any kind of warranty service. So, any manufacturing defect or technical issue has to be solved from a third-party repair shop. You have to sacrifice the brand warranty if you jailbreak Nintendo switch device.
- Hard bricking the device is the biggest risk that you have to take while jailbreaking the Nintendo Switch device. Hard Brick is the condition where the device won’t boot into the OS. If you do something wrong while Jailbreaking process, then you might face the Hard Bricking. Hard Bricked devices need expert technical support, which Nintendo won’t provide as it’s being jailbroken.
- The process of Jailbreaking may work or not work. There are only two things that can happen. The process of jailbreaking is not guaranteed at all. So, you might not get success all the times.
How to Jailbreak Nintendo Switch Console
Jailbreaking process requires active internet connection, a Micro SD Card, Nintendo Switch device and the Working computer. If you don’t have access to any of the components, then you should immediately get hands on the same. Here is the exact procedure that will help you jailbreak Nintendo Switch device.
- First of all, download the NX-HBMenu Version 2.0 on your computer. You can visit the Github project and download the same on your computer. (https://github.com/switchbrew/nx-hbmenu/releases/tag/v2.0.0)
- Extract the downloaded ZIP file on your computer. You’ll find the “hubmenu.nro” file in the extracted data.
- Copy the Hubmenu.nro file and paste it onto the MicroSD card for accessing it through the Nintendo Switch.
- After copying it, remove the MicroSD card from PC and insert it into the Nintendo Switch device.
- Now, you have to turn ON The Nintendo Switch. In the device, go to “Connection Settings” and then tap on “DNS Server” to configure the same manually.
- When prompted, enter the IP Address as “18.104.22.168” and save it. Now is the time to run “Connection Test”.
- Once the connection test completes, Restart the Nintendo Switch device and run a Connection test again.
- After completing the connection test, if you see the number “2000-1337” on Nintendo Switch screen, then it means the device is successfully jailbroken.
The process of jailbreaking is interesting and risky at the same time. Only those with full confidence and having knowledge about the technical aspects of rooting or jailbreaking should attempt the same. Jailbreaking a Nintendo Switch device is comparatively easy than the other devices. Due to the easy OEM lock, it is simple to break the same and jailbreak the device.
We’ve tried our best to share the step-by-step guide for jailbreaking the Nintendo switch device. The process is different for the other devices, so you should not follow the same method for other devices at any cost. This will break your device, and you can do nothing about the same.
Also, make sure to check out the risks associated with this process. Otherwise, you have to face serious consequences after jailbreaking the Nintendo switch gaming console. I hope you’ve learned how to jailbreak Nintendo switch with ease. Follow the exact steps, and you’ll be able to install third-party apps with ease.