Earlier, Facebook allowed you to suggest potential friends to your friends on Facebook. However, that feature is gone now. You can’t directly suggest friends on Facebook now. Instead, you have to use special workarounds. If you want to suggest someone to your Facebook friend but don’t know how to do that, this post will help you to learn.
Here, I will tell you how to Suggest Friends On Facebook after Facebook removed the built-in feature. This will help you to be the initiator between two or more potential friends, or even more.
What Does It Mean to Suggest Friends on Facebook?
Facebook is the biggest social networking website. It is the largest place to meet and make new friends. And, your Facebook friends can help you to do that by suggesting their friends to you. Even you can suggest your two friends two each other whom you think would have great compatibility. To suggest a friend on Facebook means to work as an introducer between two or more of your Facebook friends.
You can suggest their profiles to each other, so they can add them up, and start their Facebook friendship. Some of those friendships can really go far. By suggesting, you can make your friends connect with the people they may know or people who you think they may like. They could be know or unknown. After all, every great friendship starts with two people who didn’t know anything but click together at the moment.
How did the Friend Suggestion Feature Work Earlier?
Earlier, Facebook provided a built-in feature on their website to suggest friends on each friends’ profile. To know about it briefly, take a look at the steps below:
- Open a browser and visit Facebook.
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Now navigate to the profile of your Facebook friend whom you’d like to suggest friends.
- Next, take your cursor over the ‘Friends’ button and access the drop-down menu on the friend’s profile page.
- Next, click on ‘Suggest Friends…’
- Now, search for the person that you want to suggest, and click on the ‘Suggest Friend’ option present next to their name.
That’s it. It was very simple to suggest friends earlier. Whenever you suggested someone to your friends, he or she will receive a notification. They can check their profile and send them a ‘Friend Request’ instantly.
Where is the Friend Suggestion Feature Now?
In December 2018, Facebook released an update that made major changes to the website. One of those changes was the removal of the ‘Suggest Friends’ feature. Now, you cannot suggest friends by using the method mentioned above anymore. If you’ll try it, you will see that the ‘Suggest Friends’ option is not available under the ‘Friends’ drop-down menu on the friend’s profile page.
We don’t know the exact reason why Facebook decided to remove this pretty useful. But, we have found some even greater alternatives. You can use them to suggest friends on Facebook now.
How to Suggest Friends On Facebook Now?
Since Facebook has removed the ‘Suggest Friends’ feature, you have to use some special workarounds to do that. We are going to tell you about the best ones here. You can use them and suggest people to your friends, so they can start new friendships. These are quick, simple, and straightforward methods. Nothing complex.
1. Take a Screenshot of Friend’s Profile & Share it
If you are habitual to using the Facebook app or the Facebook Lite app, this is the best method for you to suggest people to your friends. You just need to visit the person’s Facebook profile whom you want to suggest and take a screenshot.
Then, open your friend’s chat, Messenger, or even WhatsApp inbox and share the screenshot.
You can also drop a message saying something like ‘Add him up, you’d really like him.’ Then, your friend can search the person on Facebook and send them a ‘Friend Request.’ You can also ask the other person to receive your friend’s request. That’s it.
2. Share Friend’s Profile Link
Another simple method to suggest a friend to anyone is sharing their profile link. To know how to do it, follow these steps:
- Open the Facebook or Facebook Lite app.
- Log in to your account. If you are already logged in, skip this step.
- Visit the ‘Friend’s profile’ whom you want to suggest.
- Tap on the ‘3-dots’ present next to the ‘friends’ icon.
- Now tap on ‘Copy link to Profile.’
- Next, open a messaging app like Messenger or WhatsApp.
- Open the inbox of the friend to whom you want to suggest a friend.
- Paste the link and send it.
That’s it. Your friend can just tap on the link and your suggested person’s FB profile will open. He or she can easily add them then.
You can also use this method on your PC. To know how, follow these simple steps:
- Visit Facebook.com.
- Now log in to your account.
- Next, visit the ‘Friend’s Profile‘ whom you want to suggest.
- Then, copy the profile link from the URL bar.
- Finally, share it to your friend to whom you want to suggest via email or any other messaging app.
That’s it. You can also use WhatsApp Web on your PC to share the link.
3. Create a Group on Messenger
You can also use the Facebook Messenger to initiate frienship between two or more of your Facebook friends. To know what you have to do, follow these steps:
- Launch the Messenger app. If you don’t have it, you can install it from the Play Store or App Store.
- If you haven’t logged in to your account, then log in.
- After logging in, tap on the ‘Pencil’ icon present in the top right corner of the screen.
- Next, tap on ‘Create a New Group.’
- Next, select the friends you whom you want to suggest and to whom you want to suggest. You can use the search bar to find them if you don’t see them.
- After choosing friends, tap on Next.
- Select a name for the group and tap on ‘Create.’
- Once the group is created, send a message in the group saying, “I’ve created this group only to make you people meet. You both can add each other and begin the conversation.”
- Then, leave the group.
That’s it. This is another very simple method to suggest friends on Facebook.
Facebook is an amazing place to meet new people and make them your friends. You can help your friends to find people like them by suggesting the people you are friends with. This is how you can suggest friends on Facebook. There was a built-in feature earlier, but Facebook has removed it now. These are the only working methods now.
That’s all for this post. I hope you find it helpful. Feel free to share you opinions about it in the comments.