EML is a file extension used by such systems as Apple Mail and Windows Live Mail. One of its disadvantages is that individual messages are saved separately. Secondly, users often hit a dead end when migrating to Outlook. As it only recognizes PST, conversion is inevitable.
There are ways to move emails manually, but they are time-consuming and unreliable. An EML to Outlook converter can import the files directly into your profile, so you can access them from Outlook immediately. It is also possible to generate a new PST file and transfer it to another computer. Here is an overview of common methods.
Reasons for Migration
Outlook has a convenient interface and plenty of useful features, particularly for business communication. You can manage tasks, schedules, leave notes, and enjoy secure communication. You could be dissatisfied with other mail clients or have emails in an obsolete program like Windows Live Mail or Outlook Express. Whatever the reason, automatic conversion is preferable.
Manual Transfer via Outlook
After exporting EML files, you could try saving them to Outlook manually. This will work for modest volumes of data. Note that you cannot transfer attachments this way, and you may also need to configure Outlook first. Create a backup before trying this method:
- Open the mail app.
- Go to the folder with saved EML files.
- Select an item and drag-and-drop it into Outlook.
- Open and view it.
- Repeat the process for other files (100 times for 100 messages!)
Manual Transfer Via Windows Live Mail
After creating a backup of your messages, open the Live Mail app and do the following:
- Go to File — Export — Email messages.
- Choose Microsoft Exchange as the export option.
- Confirm your choice.
- Select Outlook profile or click OK.
- Choose “Selected folders” in the dialog window and specify the location of the folder containing the EML messages. Click “OK”.
- Click “Finish” after the wizard completes the transfer.
Automatic Transfer: Three Simple Steps
When using a converter, you take a shortcut and ensure precision and readability. All you need to do is:
- Select the folder containing your email files.
- Specify how you want to convert them (into a separate file or the Outlook profile directly).
- Launch the transfer!
The utility will extract, convert and transfer messages automatically. This is possible on any version of Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) regardless of your Outlook client (all versions starting from 2002 are supported). You can transfer hundreds of emails in a minute or two. The best converters offer:
- A simple and intuitive interface;
- Guaranteed accuracy of conversion;
- Smooth transfer of any number of files;
- All-round compatibility;
- Effective support 24/7.
To Sum Up
The only way to transfer the email to Outlook with guaranteed precision is by using special utilities designed for the task. Any manual method can backfire. If you are reading this article, your EML files are probably important, so why risk distorting them? Get a converter and try it for free.