How to view saved passwords on iPhone and edit them? If you are also facing trouble with this issue, then this article is perfect for you. In this page, I will guide step by step on how you can view password on iPhone.
However, you must have experienced this before with Google, where you enter username and password on a device, it asks if you want to save individual login details or not.
Some people tend to click yes, while others don’t. If you are someone with a bad memory who has a habit of forgetting passwords and associated usernames, this can be very helpful.
The same is also available for iPhone. IPhone users have the convenience of saving their username and even password using the save to iCloud keychain option.
If you’re wondering what that is, it’s nothing more than a built-in password management system that allows you to save the details for future use.
ICloud Keychain is also programmed to sync username and passwords across all Apple devices that you use with your Apple ID. This makes it easy for you to sync your data and you won’t have to worry about re-entering your password every time.
In addition to accessibility, iCloud Keychain also provides the option to copy, share, edit the details, and even delete any of the saved usernames and passwords. You also get optimal safety recommendations with this, which is always a bonus.
But, the question boils down to one: how can saved passwords be verified and viewed and then edited?
Read More: Is a VPN worth it? What are the Benefits of VPN?
How to view saved passwords on iPhone?
Now that we have a basic understanding of iCloud Keychain and what kind of importance it has, it’s time for us to discuss how to use it efficiently. The process of viewing the passwords saved on your iPhone through these settings is quite simple.
All you have to do is follow the steps mentioned below:
- Start by opening the Settings app on your iPhone
- From there scroll down and navigate to Passwords
- To gain access, confirm your identity with a manual password or Face ID
- Just below the screen, you will find all the apps that have login details on them.
- Once you find the desired app / site whose login details you want to see, you can click and access it
- From there, the user has the option to copy, share, edit or even delete the designed login details.
How to edit the password?
In case there are problems updating your login details using iCloud Keychain, you can do the same yourself manually. The process of editing the details is not as complicated as many believe. You just need to do the right thing in the process.
Follow the steps throughout:
- Start by accessing the password by visiting Settings
- Once you are there, you should find the “Edit” button that is present at the top right of the screen.
- From there, you will find two different fields for Username and Password
- Once you are done making your edits, you can click Done and then save your edits accordingly
Make sure you do it very deeply and only when necessary. Constantly changing your username or password can end up making things a lot more confusing than you normally anticipate.
How to view saved passwords on iPhone and edit them?
There are several cases where you may want to copy the details by hand and then paste the username and password from a different site. If that’s the case for you, we strongly recommend that you follow the steps we mentioned.
- Once you’re in the Settings, just tap and then select Copy to add the items or details to the clipboard.
- Tap the empty username or password field where you want to enter the details and paste the copied item
- To share, you need to take advantage of Airdrop. You can find the Share icon present in the upper right corner of the screen. Once you’ve turned it on, select the contact you want to share the details with.
Can you delete the saved password?
Yes, iPhone users can remove their iCloud keychain passwords. This may be due to a username, password change, or even when you are no longer actively using the account in the future.
The process of removing the password is quite simple. All you have to do is the following:
- Go to the Settings and Password section
- Select the application you want to remove the password for and click “Remove Password”
- Tap the “Delete” button again to confirm.
Make sure you are 100% sure before confirming the removal of any password from the device. This is because any passwords that you delete cannot be recovered.
If you’re someone with bad memory who needs a good password manager, iCloud’s Keychain feature takes care of that for you. Just keep in mind that you can edit, copy and share.
And even remove whatever password is available there. Just make sure you follow the correct steps to make the process that much easier to implement or execute in the long term.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can you add third-party password managers to iPhone?
Yes, in addition to iCloud Keychain, you can add third-party password managers to the device. The process is simple and all you have to do is download and install them through the App Store. LastPass is a popular example of that.
Does iCloud Keychain work on multiple Apple devices?
If you are using the same Apple ID for all your Apple products, the iCloud Keychain will sync with the other devices as well. You can download and install the respective apps, and you won’t have to worry about re-entering the password multiple times.
Is it safe to continue using iCloud Keychain?
Yes, saving your passwords and username to iCloud Keychain works effortlessly. It reduces the risks of forgetting the password and confusing things.