Twitter, the microblogging service that Tesla CEO Elon Musk wants to buy, lets people share various content. Unique films, photos, and memes can be found on the site. Furthermore, it is where the government makes big announcements and where they usually give out information.
The bad news is that Twitter has recently become a place where people spread false information and spread hate speech, which is terrible. In the past, people have used the site to vent their anger.
This ranges from meaningless discussions to hateful posts. It’s your choice whether or not to stay on the platform. Users of Twitter can delete their accounts, and we’ll show you how to do it here.
If you want to delete your Twitter account through a web browser, follow the steps below!
- Open a browser and log in to your Twitter account.
- Click the three-dot “More” button at the bottom left corner.
- Next, select the “Settings and Privacy” option.
- Choose ‘Your account.
- Scroll down to the bottom of this page and click on the “Deactivate Your Account” button.
- Click ‘Deactivate’ to confirm that your account has been closed.
- Twitter will prompt to confirm that the account has been deactivated before it officially closes.
Follow these steps to delete your Twitter account using the Twitter app.
- Start the Twitter app. Ensure that you are logged into your account.
- Next, go to your profile and click on “Settings & Privacy.”
- Choose “Account.”
- Select “Deactivate Your Account.”
- You must confirm the deactivation.