When you’re dealing with sensitive skin, choosing personal and beauty care products, even something as common and as simple as soap, can be a real challenge. You need to make sure that whatever you’re buying doesn’t contain ingredients that could be too harsh on your skin, causing you to break out or worsen your skin condition. There’s a variety of soap brands out there, so much so that it can get overwhelming for many people.
But in the case of sensitive skin, there are only a select few that can really work wonders for you. Many people recommend the Basis sensitive skin bar soap, which supposedly soothes and cleans your skin and is even ideal for those who have eczema. However, is the Basis soap really as great as people tout it to be? Is it really ideal for those with sensitive skin?
In this review, we’ll dive into what this popular bar soap is all about, discuss its different ingredients, and talk about the benefits it offers.
What Is Basis Soap?
Basis is a brand for a soap bar that’s created with sensitive skin in mind. The Basis sensitive skin bar soap doesn’t contain any fragrances or dyes, in fact, it has been tested by dermatologists, and they’ve confirmed that it doesn’t have any harsh ingredients either, including almond oil, aloe vera, chamomile, and more. Basis soap products are sold by various retailers online and in brick-and-mortar establishments, such as Amazon, Walgreen’s, and Walmart.
Who Manufactures This Product?
According to our research, Basis sensitive skin bar soap is manufactured and distributed by a USA-based company known as Beiersdorf Inc. Specifically located in Winston, Connecticut, Beiersdorf Inc. is well-known for being one of the leading companies in the cosmetics industry that caters to skincare. In fact, you might even be familiar with the other brands by Beiersdorf, including Aquaphor, Nivea, Eucerin. This fact alone already makes Basis reliable in our eyes, since it’s being manufactured by a well-established company that’s responsible for other well-known brands.
If you have a skin condition like eczema or if you just happen to have sensitive skin, it’s vital to know and understand what ingredients are in the products you use before applying them to your skin. Fortunately, Basis soaps contain natural ingredients that won’t worsen your skin’s condition. The Basis sensitive skin bar soap contains five key ingredients that focus on providing moisture to its users’ skin, namely:
- Glycerin: Glycerin provides moisture to the skin by balancing the water levels.
- Aloe Vera extract: Aloe Vera is a natural soother, but other than that, it’s also known for speeding up cell reproduction and stimulating collagen production.
- Almond Oil extract: Almond Oil extract is a natural soother.
- Chamomile extract: Similarly, Chamomile is also a natural smoother.
- Lanolin alcohol: Lanolin alcohol is also considered to be a moisturizer.
Basis Soap Benefits
- Contains natural calming agents such as aloe vera and chamomile, which are comforting to the skin.
- Ideal for those who have sensitive skin.
- Dermatologists have tested this bar soap and even recommend its usage.
- Doesn’t contain any synthetic fragrance or any dyes.
- Doesn’t contain any harsh ingredients that could cause harm to your skin.
- Offers an extremely mild and gentle formula for the purest clean possible.
Based on different online reviews, it’s clear that those with sensitive skin highly recommend the Basis sensitive skin bar soap. Many users appreciate how mild the soap is on their skin, yet it is enough to cleanse and remove dirt and grease. If you’re looking for a bar of soap that won’t irritate your skin, then you might want to give this brand a try.