PewDiePie was once the ruler of Youtube by the number of subscribers. However, T-Series dethroned him in 2019 and became the most subscribed Youtube channel in the world. Now, there is one more channel that is walking on a similar path. That’s why we are going to take a look at SET India vs PewDiePie.
SET India, also known as Sony TV, is an Indian General Entertainment channel that has been gaining subscribers at a great pace. So, it’ll be safe to say that we can soon see Sony vs PewDiePie happening.
- SET India vs PewDiePie (Sony TV vs PewDiePie): The Youtube Showdown
- About the Channel: PewDiePie
- About the Channel: SET India (Sony Entertainment Television)
- SET India vs PewDiePie: Stats and Subscribers Comparison
- SET India vs PewDiePie: Comparing their Growth Rate
- SET India vs PewDiePie: Comparing their Content
- Will SET India (Sony TV) Soon Surpass PewDiePie?
- Final Take
SET India vs PewDiePie (Sony TV vs PewDiePie): The Youtube Showdown
Youtube is the biggest video-sharing platform on the internet. It has over 2 billion active users worldwide. There are more than 31 million channels available on Youtube. And, the number is increasing every minute. Out of them all, a channel named PewDiePie was once the most subscribed channel on Youtube. But, then, on 27 March 2019, an Indian music channel named T-Series surpassed PewDiePie by the number of subscribers.
Now, in 2020, another India Channel, SET India is gaining subscribers at a rapid speed. It is expected that it will soon surpass PewDiePie and become the 2nd most subscribed Youtube channel. So, we are going to compare both the channels, their content, growth, and certain other factors. This showdown is going to be very interesting.
About the Channel: PewDiePie
A lot of people don’t really need an introduction to PewDiePie but for our readers who still don’t know about him, we’ll provide one. PewDiePie is a Swedish Youtuber whose real name is Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg. His Youtube channel mainly consists video of his commentary about random topics while playing games. PewDiePie is currently the second most subscribed channel on Youtube with over 105 million subscribers.
Along with being a Youtuber, he is also a comedian and philanthropist. His most popular type of videos is ‘Let’s Play’ videos and comedic formatted shows. His channel has recently turned 10 years old in 2020 (he registered it in 2010). On 15 August 2013, he became the most subscribed Youtuber in the world.
PewDiePie held the title till 2019 and then lost it to T-Series, an India music video channel. Now, his current title of being the ‘2nd most-subscribed Youtube channel‘ is also under contention.
About the Channel: SET India (Sony Entertainment Television)
SET India is a 24-hour Hindi General Entertainment Channel from India. It is not an individual Youtuber’s channel but a company owned one. The channel offers complete family entertainment videos like daily soaps, Kapil Sharma Show’s videos, and more such videos. You can find all sorts of videos from dramas to thrillers, game shows, comedies, and even dance shows.
SET India is owned by Sony Corporation, which is a Japanese multinational conglomerate corporation. The channel currently has over 77 million subscribers on Youtube. It is the 4th most-subscribed Youtube channel in the world. The pace at which their subscribers and regular viewers are increasing is blistering.
SET India vs PewDiePie: Stats and Subscribers Comparison
Let’s compare the statistics of SET India and PewDiePie.
- PewDiePie’s channel was created on 29-04-2010 while the SET India channel was created on 20-09-2006.
- SET India has 77 million subs while PewDiePie has around 105 million subscribers.
- PewDiePie has 4.2K uploads on his channel while SET India has 38.5K uploads.
- SET India is way ahead in terms of total video views with 60,093,227,256 views while PewDiePie has only 26,130,068,091 views.
- In terms of earning also, SET India is far ahead than PewDiePie. Their yearly earning ranges from $7.6M to $122,058,432.00 while PewDiePie’s yearly earnings range from $903.4K to $14,455,008.00.
- SB Ranking of SET India is 5th while PewDiePie ranks 105th. This ranking is used to measure a channel’s influence over the community.
These statistics cement SET India’s position as a really fierce competition to PewDiePie.
SET India vs PewDiePie: Comparing their Growth Rate
SET India has a far better growth rate than PewDiePie in 2020. If it continues to grow at the same rate, the day isn’t too far when it’ll surpass him. Take a look at these growth statistics to verify that.
- SET India is gaining around 83,334 daily subscribers on an average. On the other hand, PewDiePie’s daily subscribers’ growth is nowhere near that.
The recent Covid-19 pandemic and lockdown in India have helped SET India grow a lot. Their maximum subscribers are Indians. As more and more people are getting regular on Youtube, they are discovering SET India and subscribing to it.
- In terms of daily average views also, SET India easily defeats PewDiePie. They get around 84,762,800 daily views on an average. On the other hand, PewDiePie only gets 10,038,200 daily views on average.
This is because the majority of SET India viewers watch their videos daily as they are daily soaps, dramas, thrillers, etc.
SET India vs PewDiePie: Comparing their Content
SET India has completely different content than PewDiePie. Their videos consist of Indian television shows like CID, Kapil Sharma Show, Sony TV daily soaps, etc. The comedy video clips from Kapil Sharma Show are their most-watched videos. Their content is family-friendly and anyone can watch it.
On the other hand, PewDiePie got famous after playing and reacting to scary and action-filled video games. His gameplay, commentary, and reactions have got him a very loyal fan base. Not everyone likes his videos but he is an inspiration to a lot of young creators out there.
Both channels have very different content and watched by an entirely different range of audiences.
Will SET India (Sony TV) Soon Surpass PewDiePie?
The shortest answer to this question is YES. According to the data and estimates, SET India will eventually surpass PewDiePie in terms of the number of subscribers. They are already ahead in terms of uploads, video views, and earning. They are going to get more subscribers than PewDiePie soon.
However, that is not going to happen anytime before mid-2021. According to the data, SET India’s channel will surpass PewDiePie in the number of subscribers by July 2021 if it continues to grow at the same pace. Let’s see when that happens.
PewDiePie was once the disputed champion of Youtube. But then, T-Series defeated him in 2019. Now, another Youtube channel, SET India is going to have a ferocious showdown with PewDiePie soon. According to the estimates, that is going to happen sometime in 2021 or 2022. Share your opinions about when do you think it’ll happen.
That’s all for this post. I hope you find it helpful.