The smart TVs are equipped with the Android OS. The Android OS has infiltrated the TVs also. So, the TVs do behave like Android smartphones, but too big. Although you cannot call others from the TV with cellular networks, you can do many other things that you can do with your smartphone. There are many 4K smart TVs in the market with an Android operating system for a low price. People are choosing smart TVs over the regular Television set to get the extra feature set.
But as smart TVs get common, the users get to face some common problems. But for the common people like us, the first solution for any technical problem is the Reboot, and the second solution is the hard factory reset. You can do the same with almost any smart TV to reset the settings to factory mode and fix the simple technical problems. With the Vizio Smart TV, doing the hard factory reset is very simple. If you own a Vizio smart TV, then you should know how to Factory Reset a Vizio smart TV.
In this post, we are going to share the exact methods that will teach you how to Factory reset a Vizio smart tv. By following this method, you can reset the TV to factory settings within a few minutes.
Why Would You Need to Perform a Factory Reset?
There are a ton of reasons behind performing the factory reset. Not everyone is willing to Factory Reset the device for technical issues, but for another reason. Here are a few common reasons why you should perform a hard factory reset of your Vizio smart TV.
- Erase Account Data like Netflix, Amazon Prime, WiFi Passwords, Etc from Smart TV.
- Fixing the Weird Software related Problems with the TV.
- Fixing the Internet Connectivity Issues with the Vizio Smart TV.
- Restoring the Factory Settings for Making your TV feel like a new one.
- Fixing the Laggy User Interface with the Software.
- Remove Everything from the TV before Selling or Disposing of the Television.
How to Factory Reset Vizio Smart TV?
Factory Resetting the Vizio smart TV is a pretty simple process. Here are the two working methods that will help you hard reset the device with ease. Make sure you have a Working TV and the working remote for following these two methods. If you don’t have a remote, make sure to use the IR Remote apps on your smartphone, as there is no other way to Factory reset the TV without the remote control.
Method #1 – Hard Reset from System Settings
- First of all, unplug the Router or Disconnect from the WiFi.
2. Then, press the “Menu” button on the remote and navigate to “Systems.”
3. In the System Settings, You have to select the “Reset & Admin” option.
4. After that, select “Reset TV to Factory Defaults” and press OK.
5. Now, the TV will ask you for the parental control code. By default, it’s “0000”. Enter the same or the one that you’ve set and press the “OK” button.
6. Select “Reset” and press the OK button to start the reset process.
7. Now, the TV will turn OFF and perform the hard reset. The process will take a few minutes.
8. Once the process completes, you’ll be greeted with the Initial Setup Screen. After that, all you have to do is to set up the Smart TV as you did with the new TV.
This is the standard method and works with almost all of the Vizio Smart TVs. Sometimes, there might be some slight changes in the procedure, but it will be similar to this Standard Method.
Method #2 – Resetting Vizio Smart TV Via Factory Reset Mode
The Standard method works for almost all of the smart TVs from Vizio. It’s common and the easiest method. But if the method is not working in your case, then we have another one ready for you. In this method, you have to use the Remote and then enter the Factory mode to perform the reset. Here are the exact steps that you have to follow.
- First of all, Turn OFF the Vizio Smart TV, but don’t cut the power.
- Now, Press “CH+,” “CH-” and “Power” button together.
- Hold it for two seconds and then release the “Power” button first and then release both Channel buttons.
- Now, you have to press the “Menu” button on the remote. After pressing this, the TV will turn ON with the Menu screen.
- In the Menu Screen, you can see the “F” written on the bottom. This indicates that you’ve entered the Factory Mode.
- After that, Press and Hold the “Menu” button for a few seconds, till you’re greeted with the new Factory Menu.
- Now, you can easily Access the “Factory Reset” option. This method is useful if you have forgotten the Parental Lock code, which is essential for the reset.
Most of the time, the minor software glitches and the bugs force us to reset the TV to factory settings. The first time any technician does is the Factory reset to check if the issue is resolved on its own. Also, resetting the Vizio Smart TV will help you to “Refresh” the model for a performance boost. Well, there are a ton of reasons why you should and will Hard reset a Vizio smart TV.
With these two methods, anyone can easily Factory Reset a Vizio Smart TV with ease. These two methods work very well with any Vizio TV. So, all you have to do is to follow the exact methods shared in this post and get the job done within a few minutes. If you are facing some issues or have doubts regarding the process, make sure to use the comment box below.