All of Sudden your iPhone won’t turn on even if you have already tried pressing the start button or the power button several times? Having a dead iPhone on hand can be really frustrating and can really drive you crazy. The good thing is that we have many methods that you can try to fix your iPhone that won’t turn on.
Read this article to learn more about how you can repair your iPhone that won’t turn on or charge or just stuck at Apple Logo.
6 Quick Methods to fix iPhone won’t turn on problem
Follow these methods to fix the problem. The methods can help you fix your iPhone 6, 7, 8 or X.
The methods can fix software related problems. If the problem is with the hardware, these methods may not work.
Method 1: Plug in your charger
Here, all you have to do is connect your charger to your iPhone device. You can go ahead and let it charge for about fifteen minutes.
Do not expect that once you have plugged in your charger, your iPhone will simply turn on. It takes time for it to have enough power for it to turn on again. If this does not work, try to check your USB cable because you may have a faulty cable. Try using another USB cable to confirm.
Method 2: Reboot your iPhone device
In the event that the charge of your iPhone device does not work, you can go ahead and try to restart your iPhone device. To do this, just go ahead and hold the power button for a few seconds, located in the upper right corner of your iPhone device.
If your iPhone device is off, then it will turn on, but if your iPhone device is turned on, you can see its slider that will ask you to confirm if you want to turn off your iPhone device.
Method 3: Reset your iPhone
If the restart of your iPhone device did not work, try to perform a hard reset. A hardware reset is like a simple reboot, but the only difference is that it erases the memory of the iPhone device, but not its storage.
If you want to restart your iPhone device, go ahead and do the following:
- Press and hold the on / off button and the start button at the same time. But if you are using an iPhone 7, press and hold the on / off buttons and the button to lower the volume at the same time.
- Keep them pressed for about 10 seconds or more.
- Once the power off slider appears on the screen, go ahead and keep pressing those buttons.
- Once the Apple logo appears on your screen, you can release the buttons and wait for your iPhone to start.
Method 4: Restore the factory settings on your iPhone
When your iPhone device simply won’t turn on, sometimes the best thing you can do is restore your iPhone to its factory settings.
Remember that if you are going to restore the factory settings on your iPhone device, make sure you have a backup copy of all your iPhone data since this method will erase all data stored on it.
To restore the factory settings on your iPhone device, follow the steps below.
- Connect your iPhone device using your USB cable to the lighting port or docking station, but do not connect it to your computer.
- Press and hold the start button. For iPhone 7 devices, press and hold to decrease the volume.
- While holding the start button on your iPhone device, connect the other end of your USB cable to your computer.
- Doing this will open your iTunes. Allow your iPhone device to enter recovery mode and allow you to completely restore your iPhone.
Method 5: Get your iPhone device in DFU mode
In other cases, the reason you cannot turn on your iPhone device is that your iPhone device simply does not start. This usually happens when you have jailbroken your iPhone and when you do an iOS update without having enough battery. To put your iPhone device in DFU mode, follow the following guide.
- Connect your iPhone device to your computer using your USB cable.
- Press and hold the on / off button for approximately 3 seconds and then release it.
- Press and hold the on / off buttons and the start button at the same time for approximately 10 seconds. For iPhone 7 users, press and hold the on / off buttons and the volume down button at the same time.
- Release the on-off button on your iPhone device, but do not release the start button for approximately 5 seconds.
- If the screen on your iPhone turns black and nothing happens, it is in DFU mode. Try to follow the steps in iTunes on your computer screen.
Method 6: Reset the proximity sensor
One of the rarest reason where you experience a malfunction in your proximity sensor, which causes your device to become dim even if you hold it in your face. In order for you to do this correctly, you can do the following steps.
- Press and hold the Start button and the power key at the same time to restart your iPhone device.
- Once it is restarted, your screen should be working.
- Once you start your iPhone, go to your settings
- In the configuration, go to general
- In General, touch Reset
- After that, just go ahead and touch Reset all settings. This will remove all your preferences and settings on your iPhone device, but it will not delete any of your data.
Technology is prone to failures and iPhones are no exception. Given the sharp increase in the price of the iPhone and the latest iPhone Xs Max that exceeds $ 1,000, an iPhone that has stopped working could mean a real pain to the owner of the iPhone. Fortunately, the tips provided above can help you revive your iPhone that will not turn on.