Millions of images are uploaded daily on Facebook. Countless of them go through our feeds while scrolling the timeline and we view them. However, sometimes the images won’t load while using Facebook in the browser. This issue is known as the Facebook Images not loading issue. It is a frustrating issue that a lot of regular Facebook users have faced while using Facebook in the browser. Sometimes, the issue may arise even on smartphones.
If you are suffering from the same issue and looking for help, this post is specially written for you. Here, I will guide you on how to fix Facebook images not loading issue.
Full Guide: Fix Facebook Images Not Loading on PC and Mobile
Facebook is the largest social media platform. And, it is the second-largest image sharing network, only bettered by Instagram. If you are a regular Facebook user, you go through an infinite number of photos through your time on the platform. In fact, you also have contributed to the large ocean of images on Facebook. Sometimes, the images present on Facebook don’t load properly. When this happens, you will see either blank screen, black screen, or broken images in place of the actual image. Sometimes only some images stop loading and the other times all the images won’t load. This may happen with any image on Facebook, even with your own.
This problem is known as the Facebook images not loading issue. It is a common problem that a lot of PC users face. And, it also faced by mobile users, but rarely. The Facebook images not loading problem can happen due to a number of reasons like bad internet, incorrectly configured DNS settings, malfunctioning Facebook servers, and many others. Depending upon these, I will present to you the solutions to this problem. You can use these and get back the images on your screen.
Fix Facebook Images Not Loading on PC
Facebook images not loading is a common issue faced by a lot of people who prefer using Facebook on their computers. As I mentioned earlier, the issue has several reasons so there are multiple solutions that you should try to solve the problem. I’m listing here all the general solutions. Try them one by one until the problem is solved.
1. Check you Internet
The most common cause of the images and websites not loading is bad internet. So, the first thing you need to check when you are not able to view Facebook images is your internet. To do this, you can open another tab and start loading other websites like Youtube. If they are working properly, then you can conclude that the internet is not the cause in your case. You can also use Google to check your internet speed. Follow these steps to do that.
- Step-1: Open a new tab and type Internet Speed Test and hit Enter.
- Step-2: Now click on the Run Speed Test button present on the first result.
The test will be completed and you’ll get a detailed report about your internet.
If the internet is bad, you can just switch to another network temporarily until your connection gets better. If the internet is fine, then continue to the next solution and use it.
2. Update Browser
Another common cause of this issue is an outdated or old browser. So, just update whatever browser you are using to browse Facebook. If you are using Chrome, you can update it by following these steps.
- Step-1: Open Google Chrome and click on the Three dots present on the top right corner of the screen.
- Step-2: Now click on Settings.
- Step-3: Next, scroll and click on About Chrome from the left side panel.
- Step-4: Chrome will automatically update itself if there is an update available. Wait until the process is complete.
That’s it. You can also update other browsers in a similar manner as well. One more thing you should do is disable the AdBlocker of your browser and then try loading Facebook images.
3. Check If Facebook is Down
Sometimes the Facebook servers crash and this is the cause why Facebook images not loading on your PC. You can check if there is a problem with the Facebook servers by going through this link. If there isn’t a problem, you can see “Facebook Platform is healthy” written or if there is a problem, you can check the estimated time it will take to get fixed.
So you can wait until everything is resolved. You can do nothing more in this case. However, if the servers are fine and the images are still not loading, try the next method.
4. Configure DNS Settings
Problematic “DNS Settings” is a very common cause of this issue. So, you can re-configure them simply to get rid of the problem. Follow these simple steps in order to configure DNS Settings on your computer.
- Step-1: Press and hold the Windows + R key together to trigger the Run dialog box. Type control panel in it and hit Enter. This will launch the Control Panel.
- Step-2: In the Control Panel, click on Network and Internet.
- Step-3: Next, click on Network and Sharing Center.
- Step-4: Now click on the connection you are using.
- Step-5: Next, click on the Properties button present at the bottom of the connection window.
- Step-6: Under the ‘This connection uses the following items” list, double click on “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).”
- Step-7: Click on “Use the following DNS server addresses:” and enter the following address:
Preferred DNS server: 184.108.40.206
Alternate DNS server 220.127.116.11
- Click on OK to save the changes.
- Step-8: Restart your computer and go back to using Facebook.
That’s it. This will solve the Facebook images not loading issue. You can now use Facebook without any worries.
Fix Facebook Images Not Loading on Mobile
Facebook Images not loading is a rare issue on mobile devices. But, it may happen sometimes so you must know how to deal with it. If you are suffering from the problem on your Android smartphone or iPhone, I will suggest trying the simple solutions mentioned below. The following are things you need to do to solve the problem.
- Check your internet and try switching to mobile data if you are using WiFi or vice versa.
- If you are using Facebook on a browser, update it to the latest version.
- Switch between browsers and check if the problem is specific to a browser.
- Try using the Facebook app as it will provide the best experience on a mobile device.
- If you are facing the issue on the app, try updating it or re-install if you are using the latest version.
- Try using Facebook Lite as it has the least chances of having such issues due to being lightweight.
That’s it. These are some common solutions to solve the problem on a mobile device.
This is how you can fix the Facebook images not loading issue. Images are an integral part of Facebook. Without them, the experience turns bitter and sour. So, you must know how to solve any problem related to them. If you know about some more solutions, let me know in the comments below. I’ll be glad to learn more from you all.
That’s all for this post. I hope it helps you enough. For any queries or suggestions, feel free to use the comment box.