Facebook is one of the biggest photo directories online. There are a lot of photos on Facebook, including your own, that you’ll need to download. Downloading a single photo is simple but the situation gets confusing when you need to download all photos from Facebook.
In this post, I will explain how to download all your photos from Facebook so you can backup the pictures from your Facebook account if your computer crashes or when you decide to de-activate your account. Additionally, I’ll also explain methods to download photos and videos from other’s accounts and pages as well.
- How to Download All Photos from Facebook?
- 1. How to Download a Single Picture from Facebook on PC or Mobile App
- 1. Steps Download Photo on PC
- 2. Steps to Download Single Fb Photo on Mobile
- 2. How to Download FB Photo Album Completely
- 3. How to Download All your Facebook Photos at once
- 8 Best Third-Party Tools to Download Photos & Videos from Facebook
- Final Thoughts
How to Download All Photos from Facebook?
Facebook is the next biggest photo-sharing platform after Instagram, obviously. There are over 300 million photos are shared on Facebook approximately on a daily basis. You can estimate the number of photos uploaded in a month from this. If you’ve been an active user of Facebook for the last 3 to 4 years or longer, there are good chances that your account only would have hundreds of photos of you, your friends, family, pets, or anything.
There are several situations when you’ll need to download all the photos you uploaded on your Facebook profile. This can happen when you’ve accidentally deleted the pictures, lost a backup, your computer crashed, or when you decide to finally de-activate your Facebook account. So, I’ll explain the steps you need to follow to download all photos from Facebook. Also, if you like any pictures, photos or videos on someone else’s account or page, I’ll explain how to download that as well.
1. How to Download a Single Picture from Facebook on PC or Mobile App
Firstly, we’ll take a quick look at downloading any picture on Facebook from your account, a page, or some other account. This is a simple process that you can do on your computer, or on the Mobile application whether if it is Facebook or Facebook Lite.
1. Steps Download Photo on PC
- Log in to your account on Facebook.
- Head over to the picture you need to download.
- Keep your cursor on it until you see the caption and menu options.
- Click on Options and then click on Download.
That’s it. The photo will then be download to your Downloads folder if you haven’t changed the download directory on your PC.
2. Steps to Download Single Fb Photo on Mobile
- Download and install the Facebook app or Facebook Lite app on your smartphone.
- Launch the app and log in using your username and password.
- Now open the picture you want to download.
- Next, tap on the Three-dots present on the top right.
- Finally, tap on Save to download the picture to your device.
That’s it. The picture will be downloaded to the Facebook folder and you can view it from the Gallery.
2. How to Download FB Photo Album Completely
You can also download a whole album from your Facebook profile.
Follow the steps mentioned below in order to download any album from your account.
- Log in using username and password on Facebook.com.
- Go to your Profile by clicking on your profile picture.
- Now click on Photos.
- Next, click on Albums and go to the Album you want to download.
- Click on the Gear icon (Settings) and then click on Download Album.
The download will be started and the album will be saved in a compressed format on the storage. If the album contains many pictures (500+), then the procedure may take some time as Facebook compresses them. You can decompress the downloaded .Zip file and view the pictures.
Note: You cannot download Albums from anyone else’s profile in this way. If you try doing it, you will see a message saying “Each picture has its own privacy setting.” So, you can only download your albums in this manner.
3. How to Download All your Facebook Photos at once
If you have so many pictures on your Facebook profile that saving them one by one would take ages, but you want to download all of them, then you can try downloading them all at once. This is a simple, useful, and time-saving process. Facebook allows you to download all of your photos from their database in an archived format. Follow the steps mentioned below to know what you need to do.
- On your desktop, go to Facebook.com/Settings and log in using the username and password. Alternatively, you can go to Settings by clicking on the downward arrow present on the top right of the homepage.
- Now click on Your Profile Information option present under General Account Settings.
- Here, click on Download Your Information present on the right side.
- A window will open that’ll allow you to select the data you want to download. Here, you can select the date range from when to when you want the data. The longer you select the more time it’ll take. Also, you can select what kinds of data you want. You can check all the boxes of data you want. And, choose the Download Format as HTML here.
- Once you select everything, click on Create File.
- Wait until the file is created. It’ll take some time depending upon the data you select previously. Once the file is created, switch to Available Copies and click on Download.
- You’ll be asked to re-enter the password. Do that. The file will then downloaded to your storage in a compressed format.
- Just go to the File Explorer, unzip the file and access any photos you want. If you have downloaded all the data, finding the right pictures could be tough.
That’s it. This is how you download all photos from Facebook. In the same manner, you can get other data like messages, friend lists, likes & comments, etc. as well.
8 Best Third-Party Tools to Download Photos & Videos from Facebook
The easiest manner, in my opinion, to download any photo or video from Facebook is by using good third-party tools. There are many of them available on the web. I’ve handpicked the 8 best ones and will introduce them to you. The procedure to using them is similar in most of them as you’ll need the Photo or Video URL to download it.
That’s how you download all photos from Facebook. You have now learned about the various methods to download pictures as well as videos from Facebook. I prefer using third-party tools to download Facebook photos. Let me know in the comments what is your preferred method.
That’s all for this post. If you have any queries or suggestions related to anything mentioned in this post, use the comment box and I’ll be glad to entertain.