Be sure to read below on what’s included with this app and why we’re delivering the Basis Sync app first. Remember, we’ll be updating the app with new features over time as well as supporting additional devices.
The Basis Team
Coming off our Android app launch, many of you enquired about our iPhone app and wanted to see it released soon. Folks especially loved a few key features — being able to wirelessly sync data from your Basis band and see all your stats at a glance.
So we thought about that a little. Could Basis build something for our iPhone community that ships soon and gets folks the top 2-3 requested features?
Yes, we can! Here’s a preview of the plan (more details to follow closer to launch).
- We plan to ship Basis Sync for iPhone in the next couple of months, depending on how quickly testing goes.
- Rather than delay the app to add more features, we’ve prioritized your top three requests:
- Sync data wirelessly: On-demand Bluetooth sync makes this a breeze – just open the app and hit “sync”.
- Quickly check stats: Review key stats like Resting Heart Rate and progress against your Healthy Habits.
- Timezone magic: Your iPhone automatically sets the right time and timezone based on location. Frequent fliers, your wish is granted.
- Which iPhones or iPads? That’s being tested right now. Should have more details closer to launch.
By focusing on just your top requests, we are able to get the Basis Sync iPhone app out much faster than if we waited and implemented all the functionality of your web dashboard (on which you can always explore your data and manage habits).
Rest assured that we’ll be hustling to add functionality to the Basis Sync for iPhone app. Expect to see regular updates to the app with cool new features.
Thanks for your patience. Check out these screenshots of the Basis Sync iPhone app:
The Basis Team